• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Heard from multiple sources on the weekend that the Kennel have opened the cheque book and made a play for both Taniela and Criff. Bulldog ???

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
The QRU have failed again with taking a couple of the games away from Ballymore, with one game to Wests and the other to Uni. I don't have a problem with Wests getting a game but Uni do not have juniors. They want to develop tribalism with the NRC concept you got to get the juniors on board. Us, Easts or Norths would have been far better options with strong junior support.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The QRU have failed again with taking a couple of the games away from Ballymore, with one game to Wests and the other to Uni. I don't have a problem with Wests getting a game but Uni do not have juniors. They want to develop tribalism with the NRC concept you got to get the juniors on board. Us, Easts or Norths would have been far better options with strong junior support.

A couple of things here.

1) I think the scheduling of that NRC at Uni was partially encouraged by the ARU. It is timed to coincide with the National Uni Womens 7s Series and other NRC games at Macquarie Uni and Bond Uni will also have both NRC and the 7s series on at the same time.

2) There's a very big chance that Uni will have their first Jnr team next year.

As for GPS hosting an NRC, how quickly do the cricketers get onto the field?

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Fair enough supporting women's rugby that is a positive and foot in the right direction. Valley's Seniors/Juniors normally start training mid of September with fixtures getting under way mid to late October. Pitches do not encroach on the main field.
Interesting news about UQ getting juniors up and running. How long has this been in the pipeline?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Heard from multiple sources on the weekend that the Kennel have opened the cheque book and made a play for both Taniela and Criff. Bulldog ???

First I've heard of it. Would be really disappointing if both left Crosby. Bros can't compete with cheque books, but Wests haven't been a club known to offer coin to players.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Fairly solid source. Apparently Taniella had a sit down chat at Crosby and was told there would be no matching offer or any financial offer of any sort. Not sure of the outcome.

Surely not, last I heard was that the doggies had a house where all the new guys had to pay their own way?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)

It would need to be cleared by Mr Cordingley wouldn't it!!!!!!

I heard when they first arrived in Brisbane that Johnny Tupou (JT) through the Tongan connections had them all lined up with jobs/accom to play with the Tigers but then all of sudden Cordingley got involved and said they just liked the "Bro" in Brothers. They must have got something better to back flip and lob at Crosby.

It would be a shame to see them leave Brothers now.

In any event how many QPR games would Taniela play next year - not many.

In any event I didn't think clubs could top-up the contracts of Reds players.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Fairly solid source. Apparently Taniella had a sit down chat at Crosby and was told there would be no matching offer or any financial offer of any sort. Not sure of the outcome.

Sorry Girt, I was being disingenuous and making a horrible attempt at sarcasm.
I don't think Reds players can receive payments but siblings on the other hand.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Sorry Girt, I was being disingenuous and making a horrible attempt at sarcasm.
I don't think Reds players can receive payments but siblings on the other hand.

You sure about that? Digby Ioane last contract (as I recall reading which was printed somewhere in Couriermail??) was all but finalised when the Sunnybank RSL contributed a payment.

Maybe my memory is dusty and this never happened but I do recall reading it somewhere

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Tongan Thor would be a perfect addition to the kennel. The 2 most painful defeats for the club came on the back of suspect scrums (round 1 vs gps, semi final vs Sunnybank). The current props we have are fine scrummagers but are not dominate.

Hope this happens but if it doesn't I'm happy with where the club is currently at.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Stevo! Welcome back. Thought you'd gone missing.
Fair to say this story seems like it has more holes in it than the wallabies defensive line. Just because someone leaves a club all of a sudden money is spoken about?

You can't tell me that there's QLD reds players who aren't being topped up by clubs. Yes you can't be "directly paid" by another club however there's a reason money in note form was invented, a reason envelopes were invented and a reason tables were invented. If you can't read between the lines just ask what Norths and others are doing ;)

In saying that even if it is true is he really going to play much club rugby next year anyway?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Tongan Thor would be a perfect addition to the kennel. The 2 most painful defeats for the club came on the back of suspect scrums (round 1 vs gps, semi final vs Sunnybank). The current props we have are fine scrummagers but are not dominate.

Hope this happens but if it doesn't I'm happy with where the club is currently at.

I hope he isn't costing anyone a cent at the kennel. Find him a job or whatever but that would just be completely against the grain and the model wests are trying to develop

Status
Not open for further replies.