• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Can someone please explain how Sunnybank v Norths was the match of the round on the weekend? I am all for sharing it around and I know clubs agreed to do so for the first round to get exposure but surely you now move onto the big games and start to sell the club rugby product. Look at Shute Shield, they haven't had Western Sydney in one of their telecast games and always put the games that mean the most on live. Surely Wests v Brothers (1 v 4) or UQ v Souths (5 v 3) makes more sense???

When you can readily watch every game anyway what does it really matter, other than a bit of commentary (albeit, good commentary) share the love around.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
It has been a good season, Brothers and the Gallopers out in front , but every game of late is either closer than you would have thought, or a favourite gets knocked over.

Everyone’s a winner

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes we are.

Scott Maloua is on team sheet for Souths at 9 this weekend.

I’m sure other reds contracted players will be uploaded into rugby Xplorer soon.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes we are.

Scott Maloua is on team sheet for Souths at 9 this weekend.

I’m sure other reds contracted players will be uploaded into rugby Xplorer soon.

It also might depend on how many Reds games they’ve played during the season.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
It also might depend on how many Reds games they’ve played during the season.

Yeah I don’t know about what rules the reds have for players returning to club rugby. Happy man said above he thinks it’s mandatory. I reckon it would be more along the lines of non-compulsory (players decision)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How many games did Maloua play for the Reds? Was it just the two? And one from the bench?

The compulsory stand down is part of the RUPA CBA isn't it? Assume Maloua's games weren't enough to trigger a contract so he isn't covered by the CBA.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Have no idea really , but think it will come down to the player, bit like when the Reds have played on a Friday night.

If they have played big minutes over the majority of games , they will get a rest. Those that need a run will hopefully play tomorrow.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
I would have expected to see more fringe Reds named in starting line ups - I see Blyth and Luka are in the Bond team but thought that Hamish Stewart might have been used - unless he is injured he is not exactly overworked with Reds duties of late.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
University of Queensland v Wests, St Lucia, 3:20pm – MATCH OF THE ROUND

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, SJ Tamala, Fergus Lillicrap, Ben Paxton-Hall, Adam Korczyk, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Jacobus van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, TJ Siakisini, Brad Twidale, Kalala Meni, Alex Horan

Coach: Mick Heenan

Wests: Misioka Timoteo, Bart Ritchie, Ausetalia Vaiomanu, Rob Puliuvea, Will Dearden, Jerrimiah Lynch (c), Connor Anderson, Emmanuel Maliko, Liam Dillon, Carter Gordon, Callum Hicks, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Liam Moseley, Cooper Whiteside

Coach: Pat Byron

GPS v Souths, Yoku Road, 3:20pm

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Troy Simkin, Fred Burke, Fred Burke, Tuaina Tualima, Dan Gorman (c), Michael Richards, Matt Gicquel, Mitch King, Jordan Lenac, Davis Tavita, Jonathan Kent, Alfonso Horomia, Maalonga Konelio, Josh Collins, DP de Lange

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

Souths: Franko Abdalla, Sean Farrell, Jake Simeon, Callum MacDonald, Josh O’Rourke, Declan Dinnen, Josateki Murray, Harley Fox (c), Scott Malolua, Jake Strachan, Mika Tela, Abele Atunaisa, Rapheal Evalu, Emori Waqavulagi, Jason Hofmeyr

Coach: Elia Tuqiri

Norths v Brothers, Hugh Courtney Oval, 3:20pm

Norths: Jacob Pinkney, Cody Blackhurst (c), Dane Zander, Michael Jones, Jonathon Vandenhurk, Saula Vuaca, Michael Leary, Jordan Tuapou, Liam Prendergast, Nick Chapman, Jordan Luke, Doug Rayment, Conor Chittenden, Veresa Mataitini, Jayden Carroll

Coach: Luke Oxford

Brothers: Tom Moloney (C), Matt Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Bradford Kapa, Ryan Smith, Jeremy Skelton, Noah Nielsen, Criff Tupou, Rueben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Byron Ralston, Patrick James, Kris Larosa, Sam Hyne, Lawson Creighton

Coach: Rod Seib

Easts v Bond University, David Wilson Field, 3:20pm

Easts: Braden Schiller, Sam Richards, Carter Ozanne, Filimoni Seruvatu, Fred Fewtrell, Brannagh Corcoran, Tom Milosevic (c), Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Eli Pilz, Max Baker, Tevita Ahosivi, Landon Hayes, Liam Matenga, Jack Frampton

Coach: Moses Rauluni

Bond University: Andrew Petelo, Nick Turner, Gav Luka, Matt Dalton, Angus Blyth, Luke Papworth, Connor Pritchard, Zach Moimoi, Harry Nucifora (c), Mitch Third, Gus Qasevakatini, Ryan Menzies, Dan Boardman, Maxwell Dowd, Joey Fittock

Coach: Grant Anderson

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Massive day for 3 points of the compass.

If Souths could knock off GPS then they set themselves above the chasers;

If Wests and Easts can do the same over Uni & Bond they will set themselves above the varsity clubs.

If Wests & Easts win then it is increasingly difficult mathematically for the varsity clubs to get the number of wins required to achieve finals qualification.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Table after 12 rounds
image.png

Finals qualifications say 9 wins:

Bros 10 wins 5 to play require 0/5;
GPS 8 wins 6 to play require 1/6;
Souths 6;5;3/5;
Wests 5;5;4/5;
Uni 5;5;4/5;
Easts 5;6;4/6;
Bond 4;5;5/5