• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
Makes you wonder why Ryan Freeney never got a contract. Even a temporary one. If I had the choice this year of having Freeney or Ngaumo in the Jeeps front row, it would be Freeney, I think most guys playing against Jepps would prefer Ngauma.

I think you ask those players specifically who they would rather run straight at? I suspect they would run at Freney 100 times out of 100 from the back fence.

You should probably get the blokes name right too - particularly if you are going to take a shot at him.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah similar to Hegarty few years back who suddenly turned up to GPS Rugby thinking he could play finals after a full season of Rebels rugby.

Personally I don’t like that rule. If you have roots with a Brisbane club and return to QLD either uncontracted or freshly signed with Reds then I think you should be able to walk straight into the playoffs. that’s just my preference! #growthegame

Difference with Hegarty is that JOC (James O'Connor) has s Reds contract.

I think he may run around for Brothers in coming weeks.

Interesting article of Jimmy Tuckker today re how Brad Thorn manages his anti-drug philosophy with JOC (James O'Connor).

I'd say there will be a few former Reds keeping an eye on that.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
How about Quade Cooper?
Doubt he will be playing rugby in Victoria.. my money is on him returning to Souths whilst he waits for a wallaby spot to come into the spotlight.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Have heard that JOC (James O'Connor) may not be the only former Wallaby (not contracted to a Super Franchise in 2019) who may run out for his old club before the end of the season.

It won't be for Wests and he's not putting his hand up for RWC19.

It is not Quade.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Have heard that JOC (James O'Connor) may not be the only former Wallaby (not contracted to a Super Franchise in 2019) who may run out for his old club before the end of the season.

It is not Quade.

Is big Morgan Turinui gonna have a trot for the Stingrays?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

It is not Quade.

Going to take a guess.

James Horwill?

I know he retired but perhaps it was from professional rugby. better check his social medias and see where in the world Big Kev may be.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Some reds players names spied on rugbyxplorer for this weekend premier rugby games

1. Jock Campbell lining up at fullback for students
2. Smith Twin available in the front row for gallopers

There could be other players suiting up. These are just the names I have seen.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
GPS backline is totally different again - not just new players but players playing in different positions to the week before.

Is there some sort of crazy rotation policy in place? All well and good when your forwards are holding the team together but come finals they will need some cohesion. I can't be bothered looking back but I daresay they haven't put the same backline on the field two games in a row.

J

JeepsTragic

I think you ask those players specifically who they would rather run straight at? I suspect they would run at Freney 100 times out of 100 from the back fence.

You should probably get the blokes name right too - particularly if you are going to take a shot at him.

Did you even read what I said? I didn't take a shot at anyone, I just said I preferred Freeney.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bond University v Souths, Bond University RFC, 3:20pm – Bunter Bowl | MATCH OF THE ROUND

Bond University: Sam Dobb, Nick Turner, Gav Luka, Matt Dalton, Angus Blyth, Luke Papworth, Connor Pritchard, Zach Moimoi, Harry Nucifora (c), Mitch Third, Ryan Menzies, Corbin Kiernan, Daniel Boardman, Maxwell Dowd, Joey Fittock

Coach: Grant Anderson

Souths: Franko Abdalla, Cameron Mapusua, Jake Simeon, Josh O’Rourke, Callum MacDonald, Declan Dinnen, Josateki Murray, Harley Fox (c), Scott Malolua, Jake Strachan, Mika Tela, Rapheal Evalu, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Emori Waqavulagi, Teti Tela

Coach: Elia Tuqiri

Easts v Wests, David Wilson Field, 3:20pm

Easts: Carter Ozanne, Sam Richards, Rhys van Nek, Jale Vakaloloma, Fred Fewtrell, Henry Olsen, Tom Milosevic (c), Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Jack Frampton, Riley Cooper, Tevita Ahosivi, Landon Hayes, Liam Matenga, Dylan Taikato-Simpson

Coach: Moses Rauluni

Wests: Immanuel Naciva, Bronson Fotuali’i, Ausetalia Vaiomanu, Will Dearden, Rob Puli’uvea, Jerry Lynch (c), Connor Anderson, Harry Higgins, Liam Dillon, Carter Gordon, Callum Hicks, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Fred Keil, Cooper Whiteside

Coach: Pat Byron

Sunnybank v University of Queensland, Oldmac Oval, 3:20pm

Sunnybank: Lloyd Gorman, Eli Fakailoatonga, Elijah Kuilamu, Zac Sheperd, Josh Afu, Fala Tuala, Joel Brown, Dillon Wihongi, Neal McNamara, Hayden Sargeant, William Feeney, Tom Lucas (c), Larry Hermens, Josh Walker, Liam McNamara

Coach: Evan Willis

University of Queensland: Pat Fepuleai, Cameron Flavell, SJ Tamala, Fergus Lillicrap, Ben Paxton-Hall, Adam Korczyk, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Jacobus van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, TJ Siakisini, Clifton Setu, Jock Campbell

Coach: Mick Heenan

Norths v GPS, Hugh Courtney Oval, 3:20pm

Norths: Tonga Ma’afu, Cody Blackhurst, Dane Zander, Jonathan Vandenhurk, Jacob Pinkney, Jordan Tuapou, Michael Leary, Michael Jones, Liam Prendergast, Nick Chapman, Veresa Mataitini, Tony Hunt, Conor Chittenden, Kegan Tuhega, Jordan Luke

Coach: Luke Oxford

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Maile Ngauamo, Ruan Smith, Ollie Bartlett, Tuania Tualima, Tom Kibble, Matt Gicquel, Michael Richards (c), Jordan Lenac, DP de Lange, Bernard Nickel, Matt Lieder, Maaloga Konelio, Josh Collins, Jono Kent

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Are there more Reds coming off the bench or something, where’s the likes of Hamish Stewart and Issac Lucas?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know the world has changed but I just don't think the Reds players are that commited/loyal to their clubs as years past.

In the good old days guys would play a test match for the wallabies on a Saturday and back up on Sunday for their club - that obviously doesn't happen anymore but even with season ended two weeks ago the guys in the Reds aren't bursting down the door to play for their club.

Notable exception in recent times have been the Smith twin for GPS , Tanelia Toupou for Bros, Duncan P for Norths.

How different this is to State of Origin where the coaches encourage and expect their players to go back to their clubs and perform/lead their club side.

Why do people like Samu Kerevi (GPS - Souths), Aidan Toua (Easts - Bros), Harley Fox (Easts - Souths) leave one club for another when they have forged relationships with their original club who has aided their development as a player & as a human being?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
On another note - I think you know where I am going with this - how has Harley Fox risen to captaincy status at Souths?

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
I know the world has changed but I just don't think the Reds players are that commited/loyal to their clubs as years past.

How different this is to State of Origin where the coaches encourage and expect their players to go back to their clubs and perform/lead their club side.

With the league guys I think the difference is that their clubs are their employers so are required to turn out for them after SOO as opposed to Super Rugby players who may have very fleeting relationships with their clubs. I notice that CFS is lining up for Souths this weekend - he always seems to turn out for them, not many others named though.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)

In the good old days guys would play a test match for the wallabies on a Saturday and back up on Sunday for their club - that obviously doesn't happen anymore but even with season ended two weeks ago the guys in the Reds aren't bursting down the door to play for their club.

Notable exception in recent times have been the Smith twin for GPS , Tanelia Toupou for Bros, Duncan P for Norths.

Why do people like Samu Kerevi (GPS - Souths), Aidan Toua (Easts - Bros), Harley Fox (Easts - Souths) leave one club for another when they have forged relationships with their original club who has aided their development as a player & as a human being?

Yes I remember those days too. I remember flying in to Brisbane after playing in Sydney on Saturday as the Qld contingent of Wallabies also flew in. We played Brothers that Sunday afternoon and nearly all of their Wallabies played - Tony Shaw etc
It still mystifies me how players finish their rep career and finish their club career simultaneously. I know times have changed and perhaps I'm living in the past but does one's love of rugby and their love for the club change just because they don't play rep footy anymore??

Status
Not open for further replies.