• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So that leaves about 20 'spectators'

Is that the way the numbers work? I had presumed when the say 10 people in a restaurant it meant 10 paying customers. Not 2 chefs, 1 helper, 2 serving staff and 5 customers.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is that the way the numbers work? I had presumed when the say 10 people in a restaurant it meant 10 paying customers. Not 2 chefs, 1 helper, 2 serving staff and 5 customers.

I'm not talking about restaurants.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
it would seem at least one match a round will be broadcast on Fox this year.

So no different then how it’s previously done?

Wednesday night replay of the QRU commentated game of the week.

I’m actually looking forward to the day where our QPR is broadcasted live on foxsports/free to air tv.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I just did a google on drugs in sport for non rugby reasons, and came across the ASADA Violation list.
Wow.... one of our representative didn't leave any stones unturned....

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I just did a google on drugs in sport for non rugby reasons, and came across the ASADA Violation list.
Wow.. one of our representative didn't leave any stones unturned..

Just googled what you posted and couldn’t locate the no stones unturned name

Name rhymes with??

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The two main ones I could see relating to QPR are Tai Ford and Reuben Leilua - both given 4 year bans.

Its all publicly available at the link below, don't think we need to be discrete about the names do we.

Its actually an interesting read to have a look at, majority of the athletes are cycling or power lifting/body building related, I guess as to be expected.

https://www.asada.gov.au/sanctions

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
The two main ones I could see relating to QPR are Tai Ford and Reuben Leilua - both given 4 year bans.

Its all publicly available at the link below, don't think we need to be discrete about the names do we.

Its actually an interesting read to have a look at, majority of the athletes are cycling or power lifting/body building related, I guess as to be expected.

https://www.asada.gov.au/sanctions
Alex Hatzis from Souths is the other one. But that was Cocaine only I think, which would get a good chunk of players if they were tested a lot more than they are bow, and tested out of competition regularly as well. Lucky they aren't tested more regularly because we would lose a lot more players to recreational drugs than to most other PEDs.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alex Hatzis from Souths is the other one. But that was Cocaine only I think, which would get a good chunk of players if they were tested a lot more than they are bow, and tested out of competition regularly as well. Lucky they aren't tested more regularly because we would lose a lot more players to recreational drugs than to most other PEDs.

As would most sports

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

Bit silly banning a reserve grader for a few a nose beers...when james slipper was on a two strikes and could still play.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
don't believe the Slipper tests were ASADA ones, just in-house ones?

Yeh I think that's right but still...he tested positive at his workplace and I know that there were repercussions and i am not advocating Slipper should have been banned for longer...But I do believe that it is a bit rich that an amateur weekend battler is banned for 2 years and a professional who was caught twice by his club (which is still administered under ASADA) gets 12 weeks.

I do think that in club rugby that positive tests for recreational could be dealt with a bit differently. Remember this ASADA ban would be across ALL sports not just rugby. So he wouldn't even technically be allowed to play touch in a wednesday night league.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Back on QPR20 - Hospitals Cup

With only 9 round (I.e. 8 games) - you are going to need to win 5 games to be assured on making the final 4.

Any teams that starts 0 from 2 can nearly start packing up for 2021.