• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeh it is confusing with that clash as to what the purpose is for the QPR 7s. I guess just to play more rugby.

All of the genuine talent is tied up in the NRC so the teams most clubs put out are fringe premier grade players and lower. Not saying there aren't gems in that group but if the idea of the comp is to help identify possible 7s talent, they are missing a large contingent of quality players.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd really love to see Isaac Lucas in the 7s environment - he's such a good broken play runner it would be very interesting to see whether there are moves to fast track him into 7s before the Tokyo Olympics.

I appreciate that this wouldn't thrill the Reds but RA might think of targeting Super Rugby players into the 7s because the Olympics will always be the year after a RWC. So there's no great harm to the Wallabies in terms of the RWC cycle.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I'd really love to see Isaac Lucas in the 7s environment - he's such a good broken play runner it would be very interesting to see whether there are moves to fast track him into 7s before the Tokyo Olympics.

I appreciate that this wouldn't thrill the Reds but RA might think of targeting Super Rugby players into the 7s because the Olympics will always be the year after a RWC. So there's no great harm to the Wallabies in terms of the RWC cycle.

While I agree with you Bulldog, the boy's need to qualify for the Olymipics first. Qualification is Suva in a couple of weeks. We need to finish ahead of everyone except Fiji and NZ. Otherwise the point is mute.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Comment just mentioned in REDS 2020.

Sounds like (whispers) Scott M halfback at the reds is moving from Souths to Norths.

Does anyone know if Scott is a Picone player?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Comment just mentioned in REDS 2020.

Sounds like (whispers) Scott M halfback at the reds is moving from Souths to Norths.

Does anyone know if Scott is a Picone player?

I have heard this rumour too. Along with Emori Waqavulagi and Abele Atunaisa also following. Scott is managed by Picone

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think there is a lot of jockeying going on, and we may well see a fair bit movement in the off season.

B

Bobby Sands

While I agree with you Bulldog, the boy's need to qualify for the Olymipics first. Qualification is Suva in a couple of weeks. We need to finish ahead of everyone except Fiji and NZ. Otherwise the point is mute.

Moot ;)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Here's my 2020 bolters I recon Souths & Wests on the back of youth will scare a few next year but the issue for both will be consistency throughout the season.

Interesting thing in coming months will be who lines up for each club in round 1 - does anyone have any player movement details?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Will Wests suffer if Carter Gordon plays 20's? Do they have someone to fill in for him?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Will Wests suffer if Carter Gordon plays 20's? Do they have someone to fill in for him?

Isaac Henry has played 10. Logical choice.

Last game of the season when Wests put a big score line on Souths it was

9. Sorovi
10. Dillon

So there’s options at 10.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Here's my 2020 bolsters I recon Souths & Wests on the back of youth will scare a few next year but the issue for both will be consistency throughout the season.

Interesting thing in coming months will be who lines up for each club in round 1 - does anyone have any player movement details?

I think you may already know of one or two that have been pilfered from Brothers to the Kennel.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not exactly a secret, but confirmation Tai Ford banned until 2022 for returning a positive result to detecting “anabolic agents” in June last year.