• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Wests must have moved on from Pat Byron this offseason.

I was just looking at the u19 NRC team lists and Pat has been named as Brisbane City coach.

It’s worth noting he had Brisbane SHS next to his name while his assistant from 2019 at Wests (Daryl McNamara said he was aligned to Wests)

If there’s anything to be read into this... I wonder who they are bringing on board?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Seems like there will be a number of new coaches in 2020.

Wests have already appointed Carl Marshall to replace Pat Byron and now hearing rumours that:

Rod Seib (Brothers) taking on the academy role. Assumed a new coach will be required for Brothers
Elia Tuqiri (Souths) has been shown the door. New coach required there
Elwee Prinsloo (GPS) has apparently taken on a professional gig. Unsure of where
Evan Willis (Sunnybank) Moving on. I believe they are down to 2 candidates, 1 being an assistant coach at another club

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Seems like there will be a number of new coaches in 2020.

Wests have already appointed Carl Marshall to replace Pat Byron and now hearing rumours that:

Rod Seib (Brothers) taking on the academy role. Assumed a new coach will be required for Brothers
Elia Tuqiri (Souths) has been shown the door. New coach required there
Elwee Prinsloo (GPS) has apparently taken on a professional gig. Unsure of where
Evan Willis (Sunnybank) Moving on. I believe they are down to 2 candidates, 1 being an assistant coach at another club

Pat has joined Luke Oxford at Norths in 2020

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Elwee was also the GPS general manager I believe for the last few years so there will need to be a couple of positions filled

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Pat has joined Luke Oxford at Norths in 2020

Correct

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.11.25.png

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Finally Norths have done something right. Pat is a great appointment and will help Ox with some much needed experience. Really disappointing season just gone considering where they were at in 2018. I wonder if Pat will bring any of his former Bulldog players along with him?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Finally Norths have done something right. Pat is a great appointment and will help Ox with some much needed experience. Really disappointing season just gone considering where they were at in 2018. I wonder if Pat will bring any of his former Bulldog players along with him?

I don’t know about any players going from Wests to Norths. It may happen.. time will tell.

Pat Byron position at BSHS might be a Boone for Norths rugby from a longer term perspective. Some real solid Colts from BSHS have come the last couple of years to Wests & turned into bonafide talents.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Connor Anderson won player of the year at Wests and was previously from Norths. His brother also plays there so he'd be a chance

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Souths have just announced the appointment of Todd Dammers, successful coach of the Premiership winning Souths Colts 1, as Premier 1st Grade coach for 2020. Congratulations to Todd on his appointment.

Congrats to Todd. I had many dealings with him when he was at GPS and he's a great bloke.

I did think he would stick with coaching Colts for a bit longer, from what I heard he built some good relationships with players and his coaching style meshed well with fostering that talent through from HS to Colts and then hopefully to first grade.

He had a few personality clashes with guys in the team at GPS and coaching opens rugby especially at a high level is a very different to Colts, so I hope he does well and is well received, I know how much he loves Souths.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Souths have just announced the appointment of Todd Dammers, successful coach of the Premiership winning Souths Colts 1, as Premier 1st Grade coach for 2020. Congratulations to Todd on his appointment.
Souths have done well. Todd will be an asset.
Any news on Brothers Prem coaches?

S

Sgt Slaughter

Haha some clubs don’t even have coaches yet let alone players lol