• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Woldog

Peter Burge (5)
I can assure you that Samu Kerevi is not venerated as one of Souths great players. His name doesn't appear on our Honour Board at all but he did come to games and support his club mates whenever his Reds and Wallabies commitments allowed. Souths respected his decision to align himself with our great Club and he is most welcome at The Nest at Chipsy Wood, anytime.

Is Chris Sautia still at the club? I'm not sure who your current Reds are.

But Chris did often come out to Goodna to play touch rugby when he had no commitments.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Look, reality is players have been swapping clubs forever and a day, for whatever reasons suit them. It's just a bit of a shock to see players leave en masse to one club. Feels like a kick in the teeth for taking time out to support them. Others have said here that Souths became a transient club after Picone got involved. I think the whole Brisbane prem comp has become a transient competition. It's just a stepping stone for a pro contract, somewhere. I've heard of reggie players picking up gigs in places like Portugal and Spain. It's just a feeder comp. We can just enjoy the skills of new players coming and going fleetingly mostly. Occasionally some return to repay where they started out. Kudos to those good men.

Comment in bold probably highlights best how club rugby, at least at the higher grades, is heading.

New USA comp in full swing, minnow nations looking to build stronger comps, more Aussie Soup players heading overseas thus creating more roster spots in Aussie based teams... The list goes on with opportunities for club players to get paid. We humble club rugby fans just need to accept that the blokes running out for Prems/Reggie in a few months are just as likely to be pulling on another jersey the following season.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

But Chris did often come out to Goodna to play touch rugby when he had no commitments.

On a Reds game day in 2018, I saw CFS get off the rattler at Milton and stroll to the stadium. I though to myself that's an interesting way for a player to get to the game. I then looked up and saw all 2m+ tall Kane Douglas riding a moped.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)

As far as I am aware CFS is still a Magpie. Our current Reds are CFS, Lukan S-L and Sean Farrell.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Sadly for Samu, he has gone now and the damage is done. I think it will be a decision that he will regret in a few years after he has retired.

Last year at a Jeeps lunch they welcomed back Cockbain, Dan Herbert and Tuney to talk about the 99 world cup and the 96 premiership. Greg Martin was MC and he got those in the crown who had pulled on a jersey to stand and sing the club song. Poor Samu would have to sit that out at Souths.

LOL. I reckon he’ll live.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ UQ v Brothers v Sunnybank at the Bank
Two squads playing , think the 2nds kick off at 12.15pm , with the 1sts playing 3 x 20 mins from 1.15pm

J

JeepsTragic

^ UQ v Brothers v Sunnybank at the Bank

Two squads playing , think the 2nds kick off at 12.15pm , with the 1sts playing 3 x 20 mins from 1.15pm

Brothers will be tied then. My son put me on to the GPS Instagram account and they say there is a GPS v Brothers trial at Albany Creek, Grades 1 & 2 from 3.10 to 5.35.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^My bad sorry , shouldn't listen to my son as a source of information !

UQ definitely playing at Sunnybank.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
My interest today will be how Sunnybank, Souths & Norths shape up.

No interests in Wests?

With all the publicised departures there’s been some good pick ups I’m hearing. Really keen to seeing how this bulldogs outfit goes.

Really excited today has arrived. Rugby is back!