• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I think the televised games will take a few weeks for the Refs to adjust to.

I hope the Hoff will coach them that less is more.

Yesterday at GPS the ref was probably a bit overexcited so he felt that he needed to control it a bit more.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah the ref was pretty ordinary as was the quality of the broadcast - a step backwards considering the content is now locked up behind a paywall. We used to enjoy very good quality on youtube for free it is now patently worse.

On the positives for GPS the Collins try was absolutely sublime. Pigs fronted up and awesome to see Gicquel making a nuisance of himself at the ruck. Pretty rusty but 1 from 1 cannot be unhappy.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the televised games will take a few weeks for the Refs to adjust to.

I hope the Hoff will coach them that less is more.

Yesterday at GPS the ref was probably a bit overexcited so he felt that he needed to control it a bit more.
I was at the game and lost count of the penalties and "short arm" free kicks, so I watched the replay last night after The Reds game. The count was 20 or 21 for GPS against 11 for Souths plus I think there were 5 short arms against Souths. It was certainly frustrating for this young Souths team. They couldn't get any continuity of play. Certainly made great strides since last year when GPS won by nearly 50 points. The Magpies will trouble a number of sides this year.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
How do you watch the replays on Stan? Having a look around now and can’t track them down.
Mate jump on Stan
hit sport
look at replays and it is in the thread.
PS lFinesbuty. I am drinking the
koolaid as far as Stan is concerned was at the game and watching simulatainously on my phone how good. Give them a season and it will be awesome as for 30 per month it is was better than fox.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
They seemed to pull the plug and reboot the broadcast in the UQ v Brothers game yesterday .

The broadcast was terrible for about the first 20 minutes, then it all went blank for a bit like someone had turned the streaming off and once it came back on it was all fine.

Happy to give them some time to sort out the teething problems , but it will need to improve on the first 20 minutes that shown yesterday at St Lucia.

On a side note to that game , hats off to the UQ props , both played the full 80 in tough conditions against highly fancied opponents. I like probably many thought the UQ scrum would be going backwards all day , but that wasn’t the case . Sam Wallis scored off a tight head in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Brothers started with Ruan Smith and Harry Hoopert came off the bench . Massive effort from Davies and Richardson!

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
They seemed to pull the plug and reboot the broadcast in the UQ v Brothers game yesterday .

The broadcast was terrible for about the first 20 minutes, then it all went blank for a bit like someone had turned the streaming off and once it came back on it was all fine.

Happy to give them some time to sort out the teething problems , but it will need to improve on the first 20 minutes that shown yesterday at St Lucia.

On a side note to that game , hats off to the UQ props , both played the full 80 in tough conditions against highly fancied opponents. I like probably many thought the UQ scrum would be going backwards all day , but that wasn’t the case . Sam Wallis scored off a tight head in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Brothers started with Ruan Smith and Harry Hoopert came off the bench . Massive effort from Davies and Richardson!

100%

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I thought the production was generally good with Stan - replays were frequent and the commentary was decent, although a bit bland.

The only way we will see improvement is from people actually tuning in and Stan realising it’s a product that people want. That will increase production value.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I thought the production was generally good with Stan - replays were frequent and the commentary was decent, although a bit bland.

The only way we will see improvement is from people actually tuning in and Stan realising it’s a product that people want. That will increase production value.

Totally agree and great to see two versions of highlights - love my club rugby!!!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
all games are commentated (single person) so not sure if there is a match of the round. Marty Lipiatt did UQ v Brothers. I think it was Dallan Murphy doing GPS? Didn't watch the others yet so not sure.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
all games are commentated (single person) so not sure if there is a match of the round. Marty Lipiatt did UQ v Brothers. I think it was Dallan Murphy doing GPS? Didn't watch the others yet so not sure.

Commentators

Bond vs Norths = Jeremy Austin
Easts vs Sunnybank = Michael Chettle
UQ vs Brothers = Marty Lippiatt
GPS vs Souths = Dallan Murphy

(Don't know who the first two are)

I'm led to believe that Jaybor was not given a gig in the Stan Commentary team for QPR...

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
How do you watch the replays on Stan? Having a look around now and can’t track them down.

Totally agree and great to see two versions of highlights - love my club rugby!!!!

Yeah pretty great to see not only the full replay, but also a 20min mini game and 7min highlights! Was a pretty quick turn around for these to go on line as well! Can't complain there.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.40.03 am.png

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Commentators

Bond vs Norths = Jeremy Austin
Easts vs Sunnybank = Michael Chettle
UQ vs Brothers = Marty Lippiatt
GPS vs Souths = Dallan Murphy

(Don't know who the first two are)

I'm led to believe that Jaybor was not given a gig in the Stan Commentary team for QPR.

Jeremy Austin is a former Gold Coast Breakers centre. May have even played in the ARC (previous form of the NRC)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Jeremy Austin is a former Gold Coast Breakers centre. May have even played in the ARC (previous form of the NRC)

ARC, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

I would love to get some old team lists of the Ballymore Tornados and East Coast Ace's and see how many guys went on to bigger and better things. The comp only ran for one year didn't it? Or maybe two.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I only caught the first half of Tigers Dragons. Same streaming issues. Otherwise thought the broadcast was a big step up, replays went well, commentary was good. Also thought the Ref was good.

Not a bad start. Will be digging through the replay highlights during the week.