• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
A friend was at the field and said it looked like a bad injury. He was also quite impressed with seeing both medical teams quickly working together to help the player.
And can anyone confirm that apparently a corner post was used to help immobilise the leg?? If that's true it's McGyver level ingenuity right there.
Yes mate compound fracture of the leg and the corner flag was used as a splint.
one of the UQ players helped out also a paramedic. Apparently the noise was quite loud on the field. One can only hope for a speedy recovery for the young man.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
After watching West’s yesterday I’m convinced they should be easily a top 4 contender. Their forward pack is massive and easily handled Brothers forwards. Gordon and Henry have both bulked up as well. Both sides were rusty first half however West’s pulled away with some good play in the second half. Does anyone know if Carter is back for good? If west’s can keep the nucleus of that side they will be serious premiership contenders. Brothers will struggle until they can get back their Reds stars however that won’t be anytime soon.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
After watching West’s yesterday I’m convinced they should be easily a top 4 contender. Their forward pack is massive and easily handled Brothers forwards. Gordon and Henry have both bulked up as well. Both sides were rusty first half however West’s pulled away with some good play in the second half. Does anyone know if Carter is back for good? If west’s can keep the nucleus of that side they will be serious premiership contenders. Brothers will struggle until they can get back their Reds stars however that won’t be anytime soon.

If they can keep Gordon they are def contenders this year, I hope its a sign that the Gordon boys aren't signed for 2022 as yet. How good is Gordons boot he has a pretty decent kick on him still looks pretty lean though, Sorovi looked good too.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Unfortunately for the Brothers players they believe everything they hear coming from the Butchery which in turn motivates their opposition especially the Skeltons and Ethan Dobbins who was extra fired up by Flook who was a bit lippy and had a very average game for mine, the brothers who are ex Brothers must have loved the comprehensive towelling they delivered. Must be hard having Australia’s best talent on the bench but no sympathy here.

I thought Dallan despite struggling with technology gave a good unbiased coverage

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
GPS were bloody lucky though credit to Norths I thought they played the better rugby for the majority of the match. The centres for GPS were very very poor with Norths making linebreaks at will. Lucky our scrum kept us in the game, Zander got a towelling.

I'll take the win but we'll need to improve out of sight to contest against the big dogs.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Unfortunately for the Brothers players they believe everything they hear coming from the Butchery which in turn motivates their opposition especially the Skeltons and Ethan Dobbins who was extra fired up by Flook who was a bit lippy and had a very average game for mine, the brothers who are ex Brothers must have loved the comprehensive towelling they delivered. Must be hard having Australia’s best talent on the bench but no sympathy here.

I thought Dallan despite struggling with technology gave a good unbiased coverage
I think we were too confident coming into the game and at half time. Wests got their rhythm and seem to change their plays, or maybe dropped their game plan and went with Gordon and Henry’s direction. West’s forwards outplayed us, and will be real contenders this year. Flook didn’t have the strength in playmaking skill from Creighton and James and couldn’t do too much more than he did. But you’re right, he was very average.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Went and watch Brothers v Wests on the weekend. Was really impressed with Carter Gordon. He's a good size and looked to get a second touch on the ball, something I really like in a 10. I'd take him back at the Reds but I can't see Thorn wanting him back. He chose to leave so he didn't want to be here. Like lots of Newstar managed players he may end up in Japan. Unless the Rebels see the light and start using him as a 10. Should be getting time off the bench so MT can move to 12.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Went and watch Brothers v Wests on the weekend. Was really impressed with Carter Gordon. He's a good size and looked to get a second touch on the ball, something I really like in a 10. I'd take him back at the Reds but I can't see Thorn wanting him back. He chose to leave so he didn't want to be here. Like lots of Newstar managed players he may end up in Japan. Unless the Rebels see the light and start using him as a 10. Should be getting time off the bench so MT can move to 12.

What do you mean Jets by second touch of the ball?

I think Carter does all the little things exceptional and I am curious what you mean by this.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
When Mark Ella was the 10 for the Wallabies during the Grand Slam Tour of ‘84 they said that if he got a second touch of the ball in the same play it normally lead to a Wallabies line break or try and if he managed to get third he scored himself .

It’s all about staying alive in the play and not automatically just looking to set up for the next phase . Nobody ever accused Ella of being a robotic , set piece sort of fly half .

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
I was a little disappointed by Carter, I assumed he would've filled out a little more and he failed to kick the ball out twice off of a penalty - although he probably hasn't played a game in ages so some teething problems like that are expected. Exceptional defensively though

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What do you mean Jets by second touch of the ball?

I think Carter does all the little things exceptional and I am curious what you mean by this.

What Nomad said, he passes the ball and follows the play so he can be an option to get the ball again. A couple of times he was there to catch the ball and spin it wide when runners were caught or they crashed the ball up.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I was a little disappointed by Carter, I assumed he would've filled out a little more and he failed to kick the ball out twice off of a penalty - although he probably hasn't played a game in ages so some teething problems like that are expected. Exceptional defensively though

Carter was great IMO. As was Isaac. Tackles hard for a 10, he looks light because he's tall.
When he first came onto the scene at Wests a couple of years back I bagged him a bit for pushing out Mosley and Henry. But the Carter right now is good.