• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Watched GPS v Easts yesterday. GPS had enough ball and territory to win by 30 points but silly mistakes almost cost them. They brought on a complete front row early in the 2nd half and i thought I was seeing the GPS scrum of old - completely destroyed the Easts scrum. Enjoyed the win obviously but somewhat soured by the poor and biased ground announcer. I don't mind biased ground announcing if they are funny or clever but this was neither. At one stage excitedly announcing to the crowd,
"that should be a penalty try" before any ruling was made when the GPS fullback knocked down an attempted intercept on his own line.

Extremely dodgy call IMO didn't look like a deliberate knock on.

GPS wasted a hell of a lot of possession but Easts took it to us. How quick is Collins, some sublime play this week.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping this week can be done HERE

Odds are a bit wider this week.
GPS give up 23.5 points to Sunnybank, based off them being undefeated and the Dragons hating to travel to Yoku Rd.
Norths get a 16.5 start over Wests because Carter Gordon
Uni conceding only 12.5 to Easts, think its a Tigers week
The Filth get the 6.5 start over Souths after I underestimated the Magpies last week.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Jets, I know its the beginning of the season but with those sort of odds as a bookie you'd go bankrupt. :p
GPS 23.5 points?? they've started well but the Bank won't wilt to the physicality.
I get the Carter Gordon thing, but Wests leak points. The Brother display was the best they've done in D for years. They're always good for 20 odd, just the opposition usually score 30.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
There's a reason I'm only running a tipping comp and not a pro bookie, make the odds up off the vibe not a mathematical formula.
I my experience Sunnybank don't travel will to Ashgrove. Also, GPS have a very good forward back that will nullify the strength of the Dragons, they can also maintain it the entire game.
I watched the Wests v Brothers game and was impressed with the Dogs. No Gordon last week had a big impact and I expect him to come back wit a lot of confidence after his super rugby debut. And Norths weren't great last weekend.
Would have given Uni a bigger start if their Reds players were on the team sheet.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
There's a reason I'm only running a tipping comp and not a pro bookie, make the odds up off the vibe not a mathematical formula.
I my experience Sunnybank don't travel will to Ashgrove. Also, GPS have a very good forward back that will nullify the strength of the Dragons, they can also maintain it the entire game.
I watched the Wests v Brothers game and was impressed with the Dogs. No Gordon last week had a big impact and I expect him to come back wit a lot of confidence after his super rugby debut. And Norths weren't great last weekend.
Would have given Uni a bigger start if their Reds players were on the team sheet.
Mate I love the spread I can imagine some of the GPS acolytes think with 3 plus tries that they may have to go the other way.
giving Brothers 6.5 is bold considering Souths have only won one game.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Apparently ASADA doing the rounds at a few clubs during the week, testing some boys in 1st and 2nd grade. Some sweaty palms on a few of the 5th grade party boys!
Fuck stiff getting tested down in club land unless you have a professional contract

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fuck stiff getting tested down in club land unless you have a professional contract

Been a handful of QPR blokes who’ve been done in the last couple of years for doping, not rec stuff. They don’t test anyone below 2nd grade I believe. It’s all piss tests I think, so not the most accurate or in depth either.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Been a handful of QPR blokes who’ve been done in the last couple of years for doping, not rec stuff. They don’t test anyone below 2nd grade I believe. It’s all piss tests I think, so not the most accurate or in depth either.
I know down here in Melbourne you get people on steroids play local footy that won’t go up to the VFL as it comes with drug tests so it doesn’t surprise me at all just think it’s a bit unfair to get amateur athletes

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Tipping this week can be done HERE

Odds are a bit wider this week.
GPS give up 23.5 points to Sunnybank, based off them being undefeated and the Dragons hating to travel to Yoku Rd.
Norths get a 16.5 start over Wests because Carter Gordon
Uni conceding only 12.5 to Easts, think its a Tigers week
The Filth get the 6.5 start over Souths after I underestimated the Magpies last week.
Well done to Sunnybank for getting up by half a point on the head to head bet.

Jets , are you sure you’re not running a professional book somewhere ?
FF846266-B80B-4722-95A5-344E003227D3.jpeg

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Was pretty happy with the odds for the GPS v Sunnybank game. If I was running a book I would have lost money though with Brothers and Norths, and I was too generous to Uni with only a 12.5 handicap.

Well done to Jumpman and Heavy Unit who tipped the round. A special mention to Fisherman123 who tipped 3 time, all with the same outcome.

I'll post the tipping today as I'm away for work for the rest of the week and won't have internet access.

Heavy Unit 7
Happyman 6
Jonte 6
Keeno 6
Jets 5
Fisherman123 4
Jumpman 4
Learning Curve 4
MeanGreen 4
NJ 4
Paty305 4
Pick and Drive 4
Linespeed 3
Nomad 3
Rugby Follower 3
Zinzan Brooke 3
Cam G 2
Dusky W 2
Graham Welsh 2
Hound 2
PhatMik 2
Sage Too 2
SouthernX 2
Beerad 1
Daniel 10 1
Gary 1

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping for this weekend can be found HERE

Norths are getting a 9.5 point start in the battle of the inner north

Bond have a 4.5 start over GPS

Wests concede 3.5 over cross town rivals Easts

Uni have a 26.5 deficits to overcome against the Dragons

No team lists available so I'm just going off the vibe.

J

JeepsTragic

Interesting that Kalani Thomas is making his first grade debut against the club (Souths) that didn’t think he was good enough for first grade. This shall be interesting

If only west’s had their full backline:

9. Sorovi
10. Henry
11. Vunivalu
12. Paisami
13. Droasese
14. Daugunu
15. Petaia

Bench: Mason Gordon, Jono Kent and Cooper Whiteside

How would that go against a GPS backline of:

9. Tuttle
10. Hegarty
11. Collins
12. Koneilio
13. Magnay
14. Kuridrani
15. Haylett-Petty

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Seeing a lot of foreign based Australian players returning from Japan and commencing their quarantining on Instagram.

Any idea who might be returning to have a run in QPR?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Hasn’t been a “The Rugby Collective” podcast for a couple of weeks now , always find myself looking for the latest one come Wed/Thurs . Enjoy the reviews of the previous weekend and the previews of upcoming games from a players perspective.

What’s up Sauce ?