• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yikes. Just seen the wests team.

There’s going to be some angry people posting here soon.

Will be interesting to see other teams.
Hopefully Bond grab a bit of extra help to square the ledger.

Wests have Bond , GPS and UQ in the run home . Probably need to win two of them to guarantee finals , although one win might be enough.

If you were keeping the same team , would be true test of form and your standing coming into finals . If the team chops and changes every week , you would have to wonder the damage that does to your prospects

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Jono Kent must be stoked. Left GPS for more playing time in his preferred position. Now he's got an entire Super Rugby team ahead of him in the pecking order.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
My bet that Wests may look like this:-

15. J Petaia
14. S Vunivalu
13. I Droasese
12. G Vaihu
11. I Vudogo
10. C Gordon
9. M Sorovi
8. R Skelton
7. J Kemeny
6. R Leota
5. T Hosea
4. R Haylett-Petty
3. S Latu Talakai
2. J Uelese
1. P Fa’amausili

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Fraser McReight starting for Brothers.
Easts, GPS, Bond and Sunnybank have named their teams and no Wallabies or interstate players returning.

If there’s wallabies returning then they’re either going to West’s, South’s or UQ

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Fraser McReight starting for Brothers.
Easts, GPS, Bond and Sunnybank have named their teams and no Wallabies or interstate players returning.

If there’s wallabies returning then they’re either going to West’s, South’s or UQ
Those teams often stay up week to week Adam. Think the official team lists are uploaded after training tonight, even then they can change.

Have a look a little later on tonight.

Only extra at UQ could be Hansen , Flavel injured his knee last week against Bond last weekend. Don’t think Moore would be up for a full 80mins.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ah thanks, i didnt remember seeing Fraser McReights name last year so figured they had been updated.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Ah thanks, i didnt remember seeing Fraser McReights name last year so figured they had been updated.
No you are right about the Brothers’ team list , what I meant was some teams just leave up last weeks’ team until they have to upload the list for the coming week, so unless you know who played last week you can’t be sure the team lists are accurate until Friday.

The Wests’ team list just came up ……….

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Gibbon starting at LHP and Petaia at fullback , otherwise not a lot of change from last week.

Haven’t named a bench at this stage .

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
few differences from the team I've seen - a couple of Wallaby squad forwards included. And a packed bench. All were at training and Thursday and hung around for club night afterwards. Won't be hanging around after this week though I believe.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I feel like Petaia will either be unreal as a fullback, or just not look good playing back there, similar to how some wingers clearly shouldn't play fullback. Probably get a games grace to find his feet again. But the bloke was a walk on Wallaby last year, if he's going to make a fair crack of 15 I think he should be touching up the guys at club level, similar to how DHP looked a class above in his short stint at GPS.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I feel like Petaia will either be unreal as a fullback, or just not look good playing back there, similar to how some wingers clearly shouldn't play fullback. Probably get a games grace to find his feet again. But the bloke was a walk on Wallaby last year, if he's going to make a fair crack of 15 I think he should be touching up the guys at club level, similar to how DHP looked a class above in his short stint at GPS.

He's Played fullback a lot through his school days........which in rugby game terms wasn't that long ago, maybe two dozen games ago.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Gibbon starting at LHP and Petaia at fullback , otherwise not a lot of change from last week.

Haven’t named a bench at this stage .

The cynic in me say's this is to keep the non West supporters quiet. My mail is the same as Reg's. Which means the bench is stacked.