• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I honestly can't predict what will happen for finals re eligibility. Lets not forget we are talking about a cash strapped QRU. If it's in their best interests to a high ($$$) enough degree to let all Super Rugby players qualify under the Reds rule, because that in turn will attract some larger viewership (specifically in VIC), I can see it happening.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The exemption re 6 games played only stands for Reds players not from other provinces.

Going back a number of years GPS tried to get Hegarty who was with the Rebels at the time cleared for finals but the QRU said it only applies to players contracted to the Reds so any out of town Super Rugby player will have to have played 6 games.

No money in it for the QRU to allow the Rebels to play.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
I just re-read the rulebook serge shared the other day.

Sounds like super rugby players all they have to be is registered before July 3 regardless of the game tally.

So the 6 game law applying to non qld reds super rugby player is moot and finals eligibility only relates to a cut off date of when a super rugby/aus7s player was registered.

That’s my interpretation of how I read it. Might be wrong but T&Cs were never my strong suit.

Your interpretation is incorrect. You must read Competition Rule 10.2 in its entirety, but in particular 10.2 (ii) which identifies only RA, QRU and RA Sevens contracted players as eligible. Non QRU playeres (eg Rebels players) not contracted to RA or RA Sevens are not eligible unless they meet all the other requirements of eligibility under Rule 10.2.

For the QRU to not follow the Competition Rules would be extremely poor governance and I suspect would rightly be highly concerning for the collective Queensland Premier Clubs.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big come down from AAMI Park bowling lawn to the porridge of Sylvan Road's field. Don't they have water in Toowong? Or just too much traffic?

Lucky the Wests boys are playing at GPS this week and don't have another game at home.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Big come down from AAMI Park bowling lawn to the porridge of Sylvan Road's field. Don't they have water in Toowong? Or just too much traffic?

Lucky the Wests boys are playing at GPS this week and don't have another game at home.

Mate, local Darby last round of season at the kennel.

Wests vs UQ

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Carter Gordon not on the team list for Wests this weekend , Jono Kent named at 10.

He will see a bit of traffic headed his way from his old club. GPS hit the 10/12 channel regularly with the ball in hand.

No RHP named either , at least not starting.

A Bond win over Brothers would make for a very tense last round.

If Wests go down to GPS tomorrow they will need to beat UQ to guarantee playing finals’ footy.

Likewise , Brothers have GPS in the last round , so a loss for them tomorrow could see them standing still on points .

Bond have Souths in the last round and all or nothing for them tomorrow against Brothers.

Animal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Carter Gordon not on the team list for Wests this weekend , Jono Kent named at 10.

He will see a bit of traffic headed his way from his old club. GPS hit the 10/12 channel regularly with the ball in hand.

No RHP named either , at least not starting.

A Bond win over Brothers would make for a very tense last round.

If Wests go down to GPS tomorrow they will need to beat UQ to guarantee playing finals’ footy.

Likewise , Brothers have GPS in the last round , so a loss for them tomorrow could see them standing still on points .

Bond have Souths in the last round and all or nothing for them tomorrow against Brothers.

Wests only need 2pts from 2 games to guarantee finals as this will place them on 48pts, and the maximum Bond can get is 47pts.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wests only need 2pts from 2 games to guarantee finals as this will place them on 48pts, and the maximum Bond can get is 47pts.
Yep and that’s all they managed the first time round , with a narrow 33-31 loss to GPS and 53-7 hiding handed out by UQ.

Just saying a win for Bond today over Brothers keeps it interesting, it gets extra juicy if Wests also go down.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Postpone or cancelled? If this round’s games are cancelled, then does the 2 pts apply to all playing teams? That would mean UQ, GPS and Wests move to finals with Brothers and Bond fighting out the last round game for the fourth position. Is that how it works?

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
What do we think they do with this weekend's games? Play during the week on a Tuesday/Wednesday or 2 points for all teams?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Two schools in lockdown and quarantine, Delta variant, they’ve even cancelled the Nrl and AFL this weekend to try and crush it.

I think we’ll be doing very well if the lockdown is eased on Tuesday. My prediction is they’ll give 2pts to all the teams, so close to end of the season they won’t want to be worried about extra games being crammed in before finals.