• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Fact Check 1: The video evidence proves that the assertion that GPS had an illegal player on the field is incorrect. No 5 was yellow and blue carded and left the field. A fresh player came on and what looks like No 19 went off. No illegal player as two players left the field and only one came on.

Fact Check 2: If Brothers had played and beaten Bond last week then the statement is correct, however it is obfuscation. If Brothers had beaten Bond then GPS would have been in front of Bond on the ladder and in the four going into the last round with their destiny remaining in their own hands. A win over Brothers would have seen GPS in the four and Bond missing out.

I would suggest that the approach has been fair it would have been pretty tough to play on the coast and be back in Brisbane by 4 pm so either all teams should have played or it should have been considered a drawn round.
all of the other scenarios include a lot if ifs and but not a lot of fairness ina COVID year.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I would suggest that the approach has been fair it would have been pretty tough to play on the coast and be back in Brisbane by 4 pm so either all teams should have played or it should have been considered a drawn round.
all of the other scenarios include a lot if ifs and but not a lot of fairness ina COVID year.

Yeh I think the QRU should have drawn a line in the sand and said no reggies games. Surely they would have known prior to the GPS kickoff that Brothers and Bond weren’t playing.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'm guessing a 2 x round Finals series commencing on Saturday the 28th and wrapping up on Sunday the 6th:

1 x 4
2 x 3

Sudden death knock out.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Have they made a call on group training, or the numbers allowed ?

Will have an effect on the player’s readiness for finals if they can’t train.

Hopefully see another week of well contained and diminishing Covid numbers and we can all breathe a little easier.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Have they made a call on group training, or the numbers allowed ?

Will have an effect on the player’s readiness for finals if they can’t train.

Hopefully see another week of well contained and diminishing Covid numbers and we can all breathe a little easier.

I’m pretty sure gyms etc are all open. Teams will find ways to train in groups/stay fit. No real need for team runs until they know the date for a possible finals weekend.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Building on Phil Clinton idea - How about some mid week semi finals fixtures

tuesday night 31/8 - Uni v Brothers
Wednesday night 1/9 - Gps v Uni
Finals - sunday 5/9

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah whoops. Major mistake there.

Not use to penciling in the dogs in a top 4 scenario. What is it. 2nd time in 15 year span?
Fair dinkum. I didn’t realise it was so few appearances which might explain the desire to parachute in the Rebel’s players. Other than the actual West’s players Gordon and Vaihu, who else from the Rebels is eligible to play in finals? Only Vudogo on my count.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Building on Phil Clinton idea - How about some mid week semi finals fixtures

tuesday night 31/8 - Uni v Brothers
Wednesday night 1/9 - Gps v Uni
Finals - sunday 5/9

Whilst I like the idea - realistically the night games mid week won’t work if you’re going to have every grade playing. It would mean the main games won’t be kicking off until quite late, winners back home for a few hours of sleep, off to work next the day and then play another final that night.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Whilst I like the idea - realistically the night games mid week won’t work if you’re going to have every grade playing. It would mean the main games won’t be kicking off until quite late, winners back home for a few hours of sleep, off to work next the day and then play another final that night.

Yes not ideal. My hypothetical mid week premier fixtures is great for Stan sports and having mid week live games content but does nothing for all the Reggie battlers playing below the televised games… let’s hope QRU is looking at a option which involves 4 teams and not a automatic top 2 straight to GF

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Had a quick look at the current restrictions for SEQ .

As already mentioned gyms open and no doubt clubs would be factoring this in over the next 2 weeks.

Groups of 10 or less allowed to gather in public spaces and where possible keep 1.5m apart.

From the Qld Gov website FAQ’s :

Can I see my personal trainer or attend a bootcamp?
If you are in an impacted area, yes, but participants should maintain a 1.5 metre distance (think two big steps) away from other people, whenever possible. Where safety is a concern or when conducting contact based activities and skills training for example, boxing with a partner, or for businesses operating under a COVID Safe Checklist for Impacted Areas, the trainer may ‘spot’ or demonstrate the activity and would not be required to comply with physical distancing rules while ensuring client safety. Participants are encouraged to bring their own equipment where possible (e.g. gym mat).

You must wear a mask when exercising. You may remove your mask if you are out of breath or puffing.

No doubt clubs will be seeking clarification on how that statement might relate to field training in groups of 10 .

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
No doubt clubs will be seeking clarification on how that statement might relate to field training in groups of 10 .

I imagine clubs will take a shoot first and ask questions later approach.

Groups of 10 means the backs and forwards are able to train in their own pods. Realistically if no games are being played for at least 2 weeks, there isn't a whole lot of team/gameplay stuff needed. Get everyone back in the gym/running and a few passing drills to keep them sharp.