• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I imagine clubs will take a shoot first and ask questions later approach.

Groups of 10 means the backs and forwards are able to train in their own pods. Realistically if no games are being played for at least 2 weeks, there isn't a whole lot of team/gameplay stuff needed. Get everyone back in the gym/running and a few passing drills to keep them sharp.
GPS certainly have to date mate.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
GPS certainly have to date mate.

Not surprised. I was walking with my family on the first afternoon of lockdown last weekend (essential exercise in our local area and masked up) and there were a bunch of GPS players and supporters hanging out at the club still around 5pm. I try not to be a dick when it comes to this stuff but it was disappointing that they hadn't just moved on at 4pm like everyone else trying to do the right thing.

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
My mail today is that "no community sports" means no team training in any reconfigured format. Interestingly, there has been no clarification on this from Queensland Health to date that I am aware of because I suspect no-one wants to ask the question.

I imagine clubs will take a shoot first and ask questions later approach.

Groups of 10 means the backs and forwards are able to train in their own pods. Realistically if no games are being played for at least 2 weeks, there isn't a whole lot of team/gameplay stuff needed. Get everyone back in the gym/running and a few passing drills to keep them sharp.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
It’s only a community if someone organized it.

There’s absolutely no Law that Jeanette young can enforce if 10 guys wearing the same socks decided to meet up at a local park for some fresh air and partake in some cardio and skills drills

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UQ somewhat hamstrung by being on campus and having the Uni to answer to . The UQ security department loves closing fields to keep their lovely green spaces safe from those pesky students.

Wouldn’t be the first time UQ have held “training” off campus , only in small groups mind you to aid in the health and well-being of their players ………… bit like boot-camp .

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Will post the tipping tomorrow morning, might do a table update too. From memory only about 4 tipsters in the running for the imaginary chocolates.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tips for the Weekend

1st Brothers & GPS
2nd Brothers & Souths
3rd Brothers & Souths
4th UQ & Souths
5th Brothers & Souths

C1 Easts & GPS
C2 Brothers & UQ
C3 Brother & Easts

Clubs # Playing Finals

Brothers 7, UQ & Wests 5, GPS, Souths & Easts 4 and Bond with 3.

Wish they would play the whole day of footy on STAN! Only need commentary for 1st grade. The rest of the games could be crowd noise only.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tips for the Weekend

1st Brothers & GPS
2nd Brothers & Souths
3rd Brothers & Souths
4th UQ & Souths
5th Brothers & Souths

C1 Easts & GPS
C2 Brothers & UQ
C3 Brother & Easts

Clubs # Playing Finals

Brothers 7, UQ & Wests 5, GPS, Souths & Easts 4 and Bond with 3.

Wish they would play the whole day of footy on STAN! Only need commentary for 1st grade. The rest of the games could be crowd noise only.
I assume the non-inclusion of Premier Women was just an oversight.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping comp can be done HERE

Current table has it a race of 4.

Heavy Unit
36​
Keeno
35​
Learning Curve
35​
NJ
35​
Rugby Follower
30​
Sage Too
30​
Jets
28​
MeanGreen
28​
Zinzan Brooke
27​
SouthernX
26​
Happyman
22​
Nomad
22​
Cam G
20​
Paty305
20​
Marbig
18​
Jonte
17​
Hound
16​
Linespeed
16​
Beerad
15​
Jumpman
14​
Dusky W
11​
PhatMik
6​
DB
4​
Fisherman123
4​
Pick and Drive
4​
ben
3​
Graham Welsh
2​
Daniel 10
1​
Gary
1​

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
UQ and GPS favourites. If Brothers play tight I can see an upset, and if Wests forwards hold their scrum and attack the breakdown for the full 80, I also see an upset.