• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Come on mate you're better than this, by my count so far it's 4 Wests supporters who've had a crack at either the grounding of a ball, the home ground advantage or ref decisions that apparently cost Wests the game. I'm responding to them all, so of course I'm going to have the most posts.

I haven't said anything out of line. Haven't brought up the 'culture' of Wests like some other posters are doing for GPS.

If you're here to moderate the chat, moderate the rubbish excuses coming from the Wests guys.
It was held up.
But the score is in.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers & Easts colts 3 GF finished 24all & co-premiership. Continues the run of shared championships for these clubs: 2020 Doughty Shield, & 2021 Colts 4 (GF not played due to COVID).
Well done to both clubs who are obviously running great colts programs of recent times.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Doughty Shield 2021
1. Easts 374
2. Bros 372
3. Uni 364
4. GPS 363
5. Wests 358
6. Souths 298

Two years in a row for the Tigers after sharing it with Brothers in 2020. Those two clubs again.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
21 all final score in Colts 2 on Rugby Xplorer . Is that another shared premiership? Or does it get awarded on a count back of tries then penalties?
Three tries a piece , but Brothers kicked two penalties after missing all three conversions. UQ finished with three converted tries .
Anyone at the game know?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
is there a team lineup for the Hospital cup final?
UQ:
241227885_4541099222588686_6460654624750060881_n.jpg

GPS:
240936927_230643922404450_6398002292969884787_n.jpg

240915729_230643955737780_7384219718221456523_n.jpg

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Kuridrani has been impressive at 13, pretty sure the Drua will pull him in..also the GPS right winger's head is abnormally large..

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure who GPS think they’re playing but turning down two easy penalty shots when you haven’t scored yet is insane. And both times they’ve butchered the lineout.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure who GPS think they’re playing but turning down two easy penalty shots when you haven’t scored yet is insane. And both times they’ve butchered the lineout.
Richards is a great player but really can act like a tool when the pressures on

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Richards is a great player but really can act like a tool when the pressures on
Yeh decision making hasn’t been strong, and unfortunately Ngaummo has stood out this game for the wrong reasons. Thrown at least 4 skewed lineouts and given away two lazy penalties. I doubt he stays on the field for the second half.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Yeh that was clinical from UQ. Their structure was perfect. The best team this year has won the competition and congrats to them.

GPS have lacked some punch in the backline all year and hopefully address that in the off-season.

Also disappointing to hear in the post match that Gicquel off to France. Big loss for GPS but fair enough, the guy is unreal and needs to be paid.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh that was clinical from UQ. Their structure was perfect. The best team this year has won the competition and congrats to them.

GPS have lacked some punch in the backline all year and hopefully address that in the off-season.

Also disappointing to hear in the post match that Gicquel off to France. Big loss for GPS but fair enough, the guy is unreal and needs to be paid.
Was hoping gicquel might get oz super rugby gig but deserves his pay day