• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
While the tipping was a bit hit and miss this year, didn't start until round 3 and I messed up the form for the GF I'd like to congratulate NJ who won by 1.

Thanks to everyone who played, even if it was for one week. I find it makes the season more enjoyable as I spend more time learning about other teams.
Thanks Jets for going to such effort to provide the tipping, great work.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Congrats to Feleti Kaitu’u for his potential Wallabies debut. His brother is playing Colts at GPS and looks good as well.

Honestly a few years ago if you told me Feleti would be a Wallaby I’d have laughed. He didn’t seem to have the discipline to play top level footy and looked undersized. But he had a good season with the Force and seems like a move out of Brisbane really helped him. Well done.

A really well spoken individual as well, I enjoy his interviews

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Happy he's been picked up somewhere, he looked great in the back end of the year as the article says.

Is the Reds backrower depth as good as we think it is? I believe Sam Wallis has left hasn't he. I know they've signed a few backrowers to Development deals but you can't help but think Halaholo would have been good to keep in QLD as a ready made backup. The article says he lost 10kgs since arriving in Brisbane, I can imagine he would only get better in a professional environment.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Reds have plenty of depth in the backrow.

Scott-Young, McReight, Wilson, Wright as top liners. Then Seru Uru and Sam Wallis (he isn't leaving is he?) as back up. But Tualima and Salakaia-Loto can both cover 6.

Then you have some great young guns coming through.

So, I don't know about back row. I am more concerned about 10. JOC (James O'Connor) and then, the Lynagh boy??

The Reds would be wise to get some back up. Who's the next best 10 running around in QPR?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Not sure Wallis has a Reds’ contract for next year, or at least it hasn’t been announced at this stage. Know he is keen to stay in Brisbane so will be interesting to see which direction he goes .

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Not sure Wallis has a Reds’ contract for next year, or at least it hasn’t been announced at this stage. Know he is keen to stay in Brisbane so will be interesting to see which direction he goes .
There were discussions about him moving interstate which I thought was a done deal. If he’s still in Brisbane then maybe the ink didn’t get to paper. Pre-season starts in a couple of weeks for the Force, Brumbies and Rebels.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the Reds depth at back row is about as good as you can get whilst trying to balance retention of senior players and bring through the new depth.

I think it's good though that guys like Halaholo are getting picked up by interstate clubs, it speaks volumes to the quality of the QPR and may encourage future players like him to use it as an avenue for professionalism.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I saw Brad Wilkin ran out/set to run out for Easts late season. I thought he was at the Rebels as well or maybe he’s hoping to get time with the Reds.
Does anyone know where he’s at?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Easts could have some back row depth & experience in 2022 if they have Milosovic, (former Bulldog) Alex Smit, Wilkin, Ed Quirk, Michael Gunn. Add Wright & Uru late season.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I saw Brad Wilkin ran out/set to run out for Easts late season. I thought he was at the Rebels as well or maybe he’s hoping to get time with the Reds.
Does anyone know where he’s at?
Wilkin is/was contracted to the Rebels until the end of the 2022 season , maybe just tying to get a run on the paddock like the rest of his non-Wallaby team mates ?

Would imagine Shute Shield would normally see a few of the broader Rebels’ squad in the back half of their season . QPR was the last one standing this year and probably the reason we saw so many Super Rugby players lining up to play .

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will be interesting to see where the Rebels head back to for club rugby in 2022 - I think you’ll now see guys go home to where they come from I.e. Shute Shield or now QPR I think the relationships between Wests, GPS, Easts & Brothers in 2021 has been good for future opportunities because in the past Rebels players would be sent to Shute Shield.