• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Agree and I think that’s why a lot of these decisions were made.

It wasnt just the rain that was a factor but if flooding occurred in areas, even slightly, the fields would be compromised.

After the Feb floods there was literally shit water on the Brothers bottom field, it took weeks to get them back to a standard where they could be used.

Also happymans post is valid - the groundskeepers in Brissy curate their fields to play to our conditions. That’s why I don’t buy the argument from other states and countries who say ‘well we play in the rain’… it’s very much a horses for courses situation.
In saying that, Wests were right to go ahead, but anymore rain prior to the game I agree for it to be called off as there would have been no grass to play on.
I think Brother’s decision was precautionary but could have gone ahead.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
In saying that, Wests were right to go ahead, but anymore rain prior to the game I agree for it to be called off as there would have been no grass to play on.
I think Brother’s decision was precautionary but could have gone ahead.
RR correct on all counts. I think the Brothers game could have gone ahead on the top field the bottom field would have been very poor to play on.
Easts gets very bad in the area under the trees when wet.
GPS has plenty of available fields and seem to drain well.
I think teams made decisions to play or not to play looking for advantage That is just the way they are wired.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
RR correct on all counts. I think the Brothers game could have gone ahead on the top field the bottom field would have been very poor to play on.
Easts gets very bad in the area under the trees when wet.
GPS has plenty of available fields and seem to drain well.
I think teams made decisions to play or not to play looking for advantage That is just the way they are wired.
QR should have the final say after inspection of the fields, but anyway that’s not how if works, and who is to say they will get the win on the new date.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Completely disagree - their fields will be a disaster for the rest of the season.
If they are smart they will over sow it today/tomorrow (heavy rye content) and use a light roller to smooth out the surface. This stops the mud drying with jagged surface.
Then stay off it for a week or two and they will have a great surface.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Righto. Time for everyone to get on their direct lines to the weather gods and order a few days of sunshine please.

Don't think I can handle another weekend without getting to a live game.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just watched last week’s episode of Clubland on Stan. How good to have something in the media that focuses on club rugby , really enjoyed it . Made all the better by having Steve Moore in as a guest host , discussed his QPR comeback . Great to hear his insights on club footy .

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder what happened to the Pillar to Post podcast. start of season I checked every week for new episodes but have just given up and assume they packed up shop.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
They mentioned last year that they were changing the format . Trying for a more serious rugby chat , then a separate one for the rest as part of the Pig Athletic Club. No idea about what happened though , bit like the QPR podcast that Sauce was host of , it just stopped a few weeks into last year.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
They mentioned last year that they were changing the format . Trying for a more serious rugby chat , then a separate one for the rest as part of the Pig Athletic Club. No idea about what happened though , bit like the QPR podcast that Sauce was host of , it just stopped a few weeks into last year.
Pac show on YouTube is where it seems to have gone well worth the watch.
They don’t seem to be doing a pod which is a shame.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I’ve seen nothing to indicate they are not.
Allthough tomorrows expected rainfall is greater than what they predicted for last Saturday.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Norths v Bond and Souths v Easts are in serious doubt of going ahead.

Based solely on the general conditions of Hugh Courtney and Chipsy Wood.

The potential for players getting infections is too great to play at these venues.

Last edited:

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)

The potential for players getting infections is too great to play at these venues.
I don't know what you're talking about with Chipsy Wood Oval. I am at the Club at the moment and a full complement of Juniors are training. The field is lush and green and ready for play tomorrow.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)

Pleas explain how the risk of infection is any greater than what Wests played in last week or than what UQ, Sunnybank will play in this week.

Last edited: