• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Souths, Easts, GPS all haven’t had a game in about 3 weeks. Due to bye weeks and postponements will be interesting to see how these teams come out of the gates this Saturday.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
How will the Wests fields be looking by the time 1st grade start?

Was pretty dry yesterday, today and again on Saturday so maybe they'll hold up okay.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
How will the Wests fields be looking by the time 1st grade start?

Was pretty dry yesterday, today and again on Saturday so maybe they'll hold up okay.
Wests have apparently cancelled/postponed some of the early games due to the continuing poor condition of the ground

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So with Faessler injured the Reds are need of another hooker next week. Who has been killing it this season and looks likely to make the step up?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
So with Faessler injured the Reds are need of another hooker next week. Who has been killing it this season and looks likely to make the step up?
Let’s be honest, it’s going to be the Reds last game of the year.

Do you disrupt a QPR team or just chuck Moore on the bench and have Asiata play 80mins?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Seriously?!?
I reckon if I am a hooker in QPR - I’d take the disruption to get a Super Rugby game.
I am seriously enjoying watching QPR more than the reds - crown of thorns is taking a toll - he has let a lot of good 5/8s leave our shores leaving us high and dry, sorry but Creightons debilitating - we’ve never had a hooker who can throw a lineout straight since Moore. Angus Blyth is on when he’s on but he’s off most of the time. We have a rubbish kicking game and without mcreight Wilson n smith our forward pack would me matched by several clubs.

End of rant looking forward to some superior running rugby by QPR this afternoon.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Seriously?!?
I reckon if I am a hooker in QPR - I’d take the disruption to get a Super Rugby game.
Nah wrong attitude I think in this instance, it’s not like there is a whole season to go.

People are always so cautious about throwing players in too early, why bother sending a half baked hooker (I don’t think anyone has shown they’re by far the best in QPR with the limited rounds and post poned games) to ride the bench as a sacrificial lamb to the Crusaders.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Nah wrong attitude I think in this instance, it’s not like there is a whole season to go.

People are always so cautious about throwing players in too early, why bother sending a half baked hooker (I don’t think anyone has shown they’re by far the best in QPR with the limited rounds and post poned games) to ride the bench as a sacrificial lamb to the Crusaders.

Commenting on my own post here - I see Maile Ngaumo back for GPS after a short stint overseas

I would be putting him on the Reds bench

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Fairly certain he's only been back in the country for a week or so.

GPS also have a front row rotation policy, well at least they have in the past couple of seasons.
Got to feel for young Kaituu went to GPS on promises of Prems and now playing reserves

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Got to feel for young Kaituu went to GPS on promises of Prems and now playing reserves

His time will come, he's still Colts eligible isn't he? And wasn't he at GPS last year?

Maile likely won't be around too long (as in future seasons) no doubt his manager will be looking at other O/S opportunities. Alex Casey wouldn't be too far off retirement either from what I have heard.

Young front rowers especially shouldn't feel the need to jump into the deep end too quickly. I know Kaituu has been named on the bench a few times and is no doubt training with 1st grade. Those experiences will add up and make him a better player once the starts cracking the team on a consistent basis.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Plenty of young blokes around Brisbane have "moved for the promise" to have it not eventuate.

Another reason I believe QPR needs to get to a semi professional status. If a club has to put up some dough they will not throw around the hollow promises so freely.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
What makes you think he was made a promise? That would be very unlike what I have heard about how Shane Arnold operates (effectively why Jono Kent and Bernard Nickel left)