• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
There was a pretty good model to follow from when Sunnybank stepped up.
From memory they had 1 year in reserve grade plus( 3,4 and colts 1,2) then the second year they had a full compliment 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th plus 3 colts (no womens anywhere in those dim dark days)

It took a bunch of committed people and a bit of work to get it up including inducing a couple of seasoned fellas to move over (a prop from wests comes to mind), but in the end they now have a very solid operation that ebbs and flows with all the clubs.

If the folk up in the sunny coast want to miss out thats fine, I am sure there are opportunities elsewhere ( Ipswich, Toowoomba, Springfield, Redcliffe areas come to mind given the growth of old brisbane town)
Have to say Noosa have been providing great players to Norths for a few years now - Chapman Rogers Langbride brothers and I’m sure there’s more - maybe Norths n sunny coast combined would be a move in the right direction

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Have to say Noosa have been providing great players to Norths for a few years now - Chapman Rogers Langbride brothers and I’m sure there’s more - maybe Norths n sunny coast combined would be a move in the right direction
Not often I like something to do with Norths but this is actually a good idea. The club needs a huge shift in tactics, the constant coach rotations aren’t the answer. Making them an official destination for players in the Sunny Coast comp looking to crack QPR and relocate to Brissy would be a huge step in the right direction.

Not sure how it would work logistically or if it would actually be practical, for example I imagine they’d need some funding to get a few rentals sorted to house the blokes making the move etc.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Interesting to see Jeral Skelton gaining a train and Trial deal with Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL. That’ll be a costly blow for Wests but they should see Isaac Henry return soon anyway

Happy for Jeral. He had been in great form. I reckon last 3 of 4 games he’s had the best run/try setup in each game. Could see he had a bit of sevens x-factor in him.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
First of the Fijian Drua players turning out this weekend with Sele Ravutaumada turning out for GPS at fullback. I wonder if more followed to GPS or if they are sprinkled across a few clubs

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
As hinted at by Aidan Toua this week sees Andrew Ready turning out for Easts at hooker with Asiata shifting to loose head
Easts’ forward pack looks like the real deal with an all Super Rugby front row. Can the backline bring it home?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Apparently a few Brothers players racing the clock to be fit to play tomorrow, although not standard injuries.

Infections from the surface last weekend...

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apparently a few Brothers players racing the clock to be fit to play tomorrow, although not standard injuries.

Infections from the surface last weekend...
It’s surprising to hear it’s taken this long.
Phil is this across grades or Prems?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
It’s surprising to hear it’s taken this long.
Phil is this across grades or Prems?
I just know of three players from Prems who have been taking medication all week to fight off infection. Only Prems played last weekend for Brothers so I don’t imagine it has gone through the grades.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
I just know of three players from Prems who have been taking medication all week to fight off infection. Only Prems played last weekend for Brothers so I don’t imagine it has gone through the grades.
My bad! Of course they were… those infections can be nasty. I am sure they will get up for this against Souths.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Caught up with a few South’s players last night before the Wallabies game.

Sounds like the same tune being played as last year from a few blokes - apparently 3 players from the Prems/Reggie’s playing group have picked up contracts in Europe next year (lower Div stuff, more for travelling than professional) and approached the Prems coaching group yesterday after the loss asking to remain in Reggie’s for the rest of the year so they can enjoy their footy before leaving for overseas. I think the same thing happened last year with a few blokes.

Is there some discontent with Dammers in the playing group or are there a few precious blokes around.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stingrays didn't work because they weren't a club. No other grades (apart from colts) so if you are a bloke struggling to get in to the starting team you basically dont play. Who wants to train their backside off to then be number 24-30 who travel an 1.5hrs-2hrs down on a bus to watch the team get belted? Most of the best players on the coast just preferred to play with the local team and have a few beers. The only time the Stingrays were successful on the pitch they paid blokes which isnt sustainable.

It needs to be a club that takes over and plays all the grades. Noosa is probably in the best shape to do that.

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
Word is The Filth have made their appointments. Lochie Lawrence from the Classic Wallabies and a close mate of Sean Hardman is the new CEO and Damien Steele will be the new Director of Rugby.