• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Caught up with a few South’s players last night before the Wallabies game.

Sounds like the same tune being played as last year from a few blokes - apparently 3 players from the Prems/Reggie’s playing group have picked up contracts in Europe next year (lower Div stuff, more for travelling than professional) and approached the Prems coaching group yesterday after the loss asking to remain in Reggie’s for the rest of the year so they can enjoy their footy before leaving for overseas. I think the same thing happened last year with a few blokes.

Is there some discontent with Dammers in the playing group or are there a few precious blokes around.

Whenever teams lose games someone is always going to be upset, you cannot always blame the coach.....I would suggest recruitment is the issue in my opinion, you can pick holes in other things (coaching, culture, discipline blah blah blah) but they do not have enough Premier Grade talent to compete this year. As much as I love Stretches Mo he is not a Premier Grade 10 and Phransis is far from his best at TH, these are core positions that need high quality players to compete.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Interesting to see Irae Simone on the bench for Bond this weekend, as well as Fiji Drua fly half Tuidraki Samusamuvodre
Interesting names bobbing up at all the clubs at the moment.
Seems the Melb Rebels have relocated to Brisbane for the off season

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Dane Zander named in UQ team. Not a easy debut for the new club having to pack against George Francis…

great to see Carter Gordon named for bulldogs during this backend of season.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Zander will get pumped at TH - whats more interesting is how a handful of QPR coaches including Heeno and Dammers named Alex Davies as a person to watch this QPR off the back of a breakout 2021 season, it makes no sense bringing in more LH Davies will end up in 3rd Grade at this rate.

In the coming weeks Zander will be at LH and Sef at TH.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
How long has Matthew Skipwith-Garland been down at Easts? He was a handy player for GPS a while back. I think he's had a few seasons in the ITM cup, I know he was also in the Gold Coast Titans program for a while.

Must only be around 30 odd, probably still has some good seasons left.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How long has Matthew Skipwith-Garland been down at Easts? He was a handy player for GPS a while back. I think he's had a few seasons in the ITM cup, I know he was also in the Gold Coast Titans program for a while.

Must only be around 30 odd, probably still has some good seasons left.

Can't answer your question but he's been killing it this last couple of weeks.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Brothers grounds at Cosby Park due for a big shake up as part of Olympics. Will move closer to the city where the greyhound track is currently, and get a third field also.

DEC851B5-F6AC-4979-BC68-EDB1E115819A.jpeg

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Evil empire keeps on getting stronger

After brothers, which qpr club you reckon is in need of a clubhouse revamp?

imagine Norths rugby with a second level and balcony.

Easts rugby clubhouse expansion would be good if they included a verandah all around the clubhouse so you could easily watch games on the main field and the fields out the back.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Tigers team list is looking sharp this week, it will be a tough game but on paper they should get over West....Talakai has not been consistent at TH and neither has Tiko at LH, I suspect this maybe a day of scrum penalties for the Tigers. If so Tigers will take the win, would not surprise me if the score blows out in this one.

Redemption round for GPS, Nickel leaving the Nest to rejoin the Gallopers must be like trading in the 1980 Toyota Starlet for 2022 Landcruiser. Bond will fancy their chances with having a stacked super bench, one would suggest Liam Dillion must be starting if Jeans is on the bench.

UQ v Souths....it will be a messy day of scrummaging, the ref will struggle who to penalize either GF boring in or Zander genuinely not being able to hold the pressure of Fourie/GF. Either way Souths lose and hopefully finish the game without the Coach yelling at his players or the players turning on themselves.

Brothers v Norths.....this will be the strongest team Norths have named in a little while, but when I say strong I mean moving from 1ply to 2ply possibly even a budget 3ply. Its stronger than 1ply but still does not take much effort to poke a finger through. All in all the hostile environment of Crosby park will prove to much the Eagles with the only benefit of the day being a closer drive home than normal.

- Tigers
- GPS
- UQ
- Bro

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Tigers team list is looking sharp this week, it will be a tough game but on paper they should get over West....Talakai has not been consistent at TH and neither has Tiko at LH, I suspect this maybe a day of scrum penalties for the Tigers. If so Tigers will take the win, would not surprise me if the score blows out in this one.

Wests lost this match last year (vs tigers @ home)

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

The Evil empire keeps on getting stronger

After brothers, which qpr club you reckon is in need of a clubhouse revamp?

imagine Norths rugby with a second level and balcony.

Easts rugby clubhouse expansion would be good if they included a verandah all around the clubhouse so you could easily watch games on the main field and the fields out the back.

UQ could do with a revamp/ up grade but given it is under the control of another entity, without rugby passion, I am not holding my breath.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Brothers grounds at Cosby Park due for a big shake up as part of Olympics. Will move closer to the city where the greyhound track is currently, and get a third field also.

View attachment 14097
All I hope is they build a big mother f%^$#@ carpark as well.

All the grounds are disaster to get to easily.