• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
no idea - but when Efi Maafu got the call up to start for premier grade against Souths, I did have a lot of newfound respect for Ethan Dobbins who looked like a last minute addition into reserve grade.

lot of egos need massaging at wests. But respect to the players whom put their hand up and just want the minutes regardless of the team.
I've been really impressed by what I've seen from Dobbins this season. Would not be unhappy if he got some time with the Reds next year.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I’m a bit slow on the uptake , but only just noticed Rohan Saifoloi down to play 10 for Sunnybank this weekend , with Tom Lucas shifting back to 15.

Will make for an interesting backline matchup . Rated his time with Brothers a couple of seasons ago, might just add the polish to Sunnybank to make an upset over Wests a chance.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Salo Tutaia is the brother of Maria Tutaia (Issy Folau's wife). Played for Samoa and spent about 8 years playing top 14/Pro D 2 in France. Handy addition for Norths no doubt especially from a bloke that just turned up looking for a game.
Ex Norths Eagle Nick Jooste joining band of fair weather friends at UQ. Half his mates are in UQ Reggie’s. Guy can kick, keen to see his open field game tmmrw v filth. Go Uni!!!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Zander getting minced in the scrum on the quick check in I did. Accurate?
I missed a bit of the game but haven't seen anything to refute that. Not sure there have been too many scrums though, definitely feels like there's been heaps of ball in play.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
And as I say that there have been 2 scrums in quick succession. UQ pack holding up in one, short armed in the other, but I think Zander is already off.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
Ex Norths Eagle Nick Jooste joining band of fair weather friends at UQ. Half his mates are in UQ Reggie’s. Guy can kick, keen to see his open field game tmmrw v filth. Go Uni!!!
Ex Eagle maybe a little loose - he must of last played brisbane rugby about 5 - 6 years ago ?? might be wrong but UQ will shaft their rank and file at the blink of an eye for the new shiny thing.... morale at UQ cant be great

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v Norths yesterday

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hats off to Pat, Conor and Sam Wallis showing their class and experience - best game I have seen Grealy play in a long while, UQ had a do or die feeling about the game. Not sure about the long range kicking tactics from Brothers or their rugby league kick chase style. It did not work against West and it did not work against UQ. Most Brothers supporters would disagree but I thought the referee did a good job of letting the boys play and not blowing the whistle every 60secs.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah, you could absolutely tell the difference having an experienced, test match level referee in Berry out there, the game was quick and flowing with heaps of rugby played. Also helped that both teams came to play

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thought Hamish Stewart was very good for the Bro. Smith also.
Kalani? Cannot see what type of 9 he is anymore. He looked down on confidence.
Grealy did a couple of good play, but seriously he is over hyped. The UQ centre Nick Jooste was far more impressive.
Daniel Maiava at West look a bit hesitant and lost playing with men. Missed a few tackle but was called ‘human wrecking ball’ by Stan commentator? Faifua looked superior but off the bench?
Why was Mason Gordon a fresh reserve? Why doesn’t he play the second grade? He need the run. Cannot understand all these professional bench player???

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thought Hamish Stewart was very good for the Bro. Smith also.
Kalani? Cannot see what type of 9 he is anymore. He looked down on confidence.
Grealy did a couple of good play, but seriously he is over hyped. The UQ centre Nick Jooste was far more impressive.
Daniel Maiava at West look a bit hesitant and lost playing with men. Missed a few tackle but was called ‘human wrecking ball’ by Stan commentator? Faifua looked superior but off the bench?
Why was Mason Gordon a fresh reserve? Why doesn’t he play the second grade? He need the run. Cannot understand all these professional bench player???

Jooste was impressive and Kalani did look flat - disagree about Grealys performance you have to watch more than the highlights to see what he did hahaha.

I thought Hamish Stuart kicked the ball away when he had the overlap to many times and missed a few scoring opportunities, when he did pass it was a 2 man skip pass, just a simple putting it through the hands is so underrated these days or maybe it was part of the game plan - also thought the discipline let Brothers down a bit, between Hoopert, Stuart and Smith they gave away a half dozen penalties and a yellow card.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Didn’t see the entire game but I agree with assessment of Stewart from what I saw. He looked slick but also there wasn’t a whole lot of synergy from the Brothers team.

Brothers backline especially have been let around well by Adams all year and these last few weeks they’ve had the likes of JOC (James O'Connor), Creighton and Stewart come in and out of the team. I think that showed on the weekend and they lost their identity a bit.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

why is it a bunch of blokes couldnt win a game in Norths colours but move clubs and have success? Zander, Kuhn, Prendergast, Okor, Jooste .....