• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Thanks for the link old school.

looks like the bye week is credited as a match… meaning jooste/Carter Gordon both in frame for their 6th match this weekend

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
So as long as the sun sets in the east on the evening of 31st June and your penalty try was the result of a west to east lineout and a rolling maul heading south to north you can have the better position on the table and your rep boy available for the final?

Got it!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I thought players could be contracted by one of the Australian states/clubs/franchises without having a RA contracts or are all Super players centrally contracted to RA? Does contracted in the QPR rules mean contracted to the Reds or is it extended to the other Australian franchises.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
My take is Contracted players is any professional player who has a contract. They are eligible if they are registered and on rugby Xplorer by the 3rd of July. No minimum games required as outlined in 10.2(1)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone see the new interface upgrades on rugby Xplorer? When you click into team lists it has profile pictures next to name (no photos uploaded yet)

Would be nice if we can eventually click on a players name and see a players individual stats.

We have evolved a long way since the days as a kid I would wake up on Sunday morning and open the sports section of Sunday mail to see my name where I scored a try the day before for my junior rugby club.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
So the Wallabies are pretty much kicking off the same time as QPR this weekend, no matter whether you like or dislike the Wallabies at the moment - the timing sucks!

Doesn't clash with SS though 1st grade though, they're playing Prelim finals on Sunday.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
So the Wallabies are pretty much kicking off the same time as QPR this weekend, no matter whether you like or dislike the Wallabies at the moment - the timing sucks!

Doesn't clash with SS though 1st grade though, they're playing Prelim finals on Sunday.
Another own goal from QRU in managing the club rugby competition. It just isn't a priority for them - how did they not have the vision to schedule around this?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Another own goal from QRU in managing the club rugby competition. It just isn't a priority for them - how did they not have the vision to schedule around this?

This is not a own goal.

qpr schedule was finalised 6 months ago::: the test window not so much, that was probably done around June/July for the TRC.

let’s all be critical of the NSW dominated RA HQ/South Australian govt whom probably never even factored in the qpr games.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I really hope your post is dripping with sarcasm……

The test in Adelaide would be scheduled by SANZAR to not clash with the AB’s v Pumas as well as being viewer friendly time wise for those watching in South Africa.

Maybe also not to clash with some AFL game at the business end of their season to help with local attendance.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Is this a one way street?? I can't remember the last time a test match in SA was played at a viewer friendly time here.
Yeah , get your point , but it is SANZAR and time friendly for SA is also time friendly for Europe. Gut feeling is this pays more than Australian coverage.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Did Vunivalu end up getting cited for the alleged eye gouge last week? Regardless, he did himself no favours regarding Wallaby selection with his defence and yellow card.

Wests will be happy though, he will be a handy addition for finals.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Great to hear that the non 23 Wallabies will once again play club rugby this weekend. It should be a similar UQ team minus Tate. Yoku Road looks like the place to be on Saturday.

where did you read this?

whilst I’m a big advocate of club rugby it’s important to have options available in Adelaide… what happens with a repeat of Quade coopers calf strain, hour before the england test?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
where did you read this?

whilst I’m a big advocate of club rugby it’s important to have options available in Adelaide… what happens with a repeat of Quade coopers calf strain, hour before the england test?

You'd think there is already extra cover for some positions - for example Petaia isn't in the 23, he would probably be travelling to cover a wing/fullback emergency, which would mean Jock and Vunivalu stay in club rugby.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Am I wrong when received message that Sunnybanks got whipped to say how sad I was with a huge grin on my face? Even being back in NZ for a couple of years, I found a little bit of joy at that result!

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is not a own goal.

qpr schedule was finalised 6 months ago::: the test window not so much, that was probably done around June/July for the TRC.

let’s all be critical of the NSW dominated Rugby Australia HQ/South Australian govt whom probably never even factored in the qpr games.
They didn't even factor in the SS GF.