• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
Van Nek is a huge loss for Easts, his scrummaging was a major factor in their push to make the finals at the back end of last season. Definitely going to need to find something to make up for that loss.
he will be back for round 2 as I don't see him being in wallaby contention yet. Uness he has moved totally to ACT and plays clubland down there.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
Just saw on the Easts Instagram footage of the internal trial they had last thursday. Seems like they are shaping up alright this year despite the low profile. Seems to be the same players from last year with no major additions.

i always found it baffling that players dont want to transfer to easts from other clubs. We hear all the time players jumping ship between brothers, GPS, Uni, Wests for a better opportunity even though the team they are transferring to already is loaded with depth.

I hardly hear of players going to easts.

Why is Easts not an attractive club? Seems like a no brainer having a crack at prem grade there?

Am i wrong?
Each club has its own "culture" so maybe this is the determining factor when a player chooses where they want to be.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Van Nek is a huge loss for Easts, his scrummaging was a major factor in their push to make the finals at the back end of last season. Definitely going to need to find something to make up for that loss.
James Durheim is back from Ippy Jets this year. Rate him

Wilson

David Codey (61)
he will be back for round 2 as I don't see him being in wallaby contention yet. Uness he has moved totally to ACT and plays clubland down there.
Brumbies players shift to a John I Dent cup side, it's only the rebels who send players back. They have been listing his club as Uni-Norths Owls in team sheets.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
I guess cause they win a bit and the location. If you live out that side of town there is not a lot of choice compared to UQ, Wests, Souths and Easts all very central to CBD
Do players get paid in Prems? could that be another reason why players go to certain clubs?

i spoke to someone and they said that Wests players get paid?

Dunno about that though

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wests players have always been paid, and now with their association with the Rebels they should pretty much be unbeatable.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wests players have always been paid, and now with their association with the Rebels they should pretty much be unbeatable.
I don’t know about “always” I know some players use to get free Physio. Never heard of a payment to a non contracted player but I’m sure it happens.

I remember a time when wests struggled to get their club polo and socks to players by round 2…

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
Do players get paid in Prems? could that be another reason why players go to certain clubs?

i spoke to someone and they said that Wests players get paid?

Dunno about that though
One thing is for sure, with the tightening of belts across the community and business sector there probably wont be as much "cash" floating into clubs as has been the past few years.

For as long as I have been involved (mid eighties) there has been stories of payments to players at all clubs. But rest assured no one became millionaires from it.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Who was the aspiring representative rugby union half-back sitting in the front row at the Dolphins game at the same time as the Reds were playing the Force?

Dabu

Herbert Moran (7)
I don’t know about “always” I know some players use to get free Physio. Never heard of a payment to a non contracted player but I’m sure it happens.

I remember a time when wests struggled to get their club polo and socks to players by round 2…
They struggled once in the early 2000’s to pay for their Premier Grade jerseys