• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Word is Mosiah Christian and his brother are leaving The Filth as they were told by Brendan Gabbett Werchon is first choice 9. Both Christian Brothers apparently on their way to Sylvan Rd as a result.

Also hearing Sam and Ben Hyne have retired. What's Taylor Adams doing? He usually only ever stays 1 season till he finds another club looking for a mercenary. Brothers also chasing Jethro Felimi up front.

Ahh the silly season.
Do clubs want blokes who are at their 3rd club before turning 22?? I wouldn’t think so, not a good look

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
brothers should of entered a rugby 7s team in the QPR sevens circuit.. no idea why they didn’t?

Not enough buy in from the main blokes they needed apparently. The 1st and 2nd graders had played enough footy in 2022 and Brothers didn't want to enter a team that wouldn't be competitive.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Also hearing Sam and Ben Hyne have retired. What's Taylor Adams doing? He usually only ever stays 1 season till he finds another club looking for a mercenary. Brothers also chasing Jethro Felimi up front.
I've heard he's been pretty active with some of the pre-pre-season stuff Brothers are doing at the moment.

He's made no secret he would like a contract somewhere though, so will be interesting to see if he stays in QPR.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Do clubs want blokes who are at their 3rd club before turning 22?? I wouldn’t think so, not a good look
Guess if he's moving it would be for a starting spot somewhere, which is somewhat understandable.

He always had McDermott in front of him at UQ, but he rarely played QPR. Then Thomas came across from Souths and he was behind another Reds' player who would be playing a fair chunk of QPR.

Werchon is another Reds' player who is likely to play a lot of QPR.

Do Reds' players get preferential treatment for starting spots?

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Word is Mosiah Christian and his brother are leaving The Filth as they were told by Brendan Gabbett Werchon is first choice 9. Both Christian Brothers apparently on their way to Sylvan Rd as a result.

Ahh the silly season.

Thanks for the fake news Creepy Joe - the word on the street is Werchons agent is trying to pressure Gabs into a guaranteed starting spot or he will leave. Werchon was told no guarantee and dont let the door hit you in the backside on your way out if you dont like it. With that being said his agent is now sourcing alternative options at different clubs.

I can confirm the Christian Brothers will be back in the butchers stripes for 2023.

In other news Dobbins and a few other West lads have landed in Melbourne this week.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I never liked the off-season player movement rumour mill… usually the Chinese whispers don’t end up being true and ya can end up looking like a mug.

so in saying that - won’t say the gentlemen’s name as there’s a chance he could be back - so I’ll leave that part to be confirmed by a red heavy fan.

UQ has lost a super rugby player to rugby league/Q Cup.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I've heard he's been pretty active with some of the pre-pre-season stuff Brothers are doing at the moment.

He's made no secret he would like a contract somewhere though, so will be interesting to see if he stays in QPR.
Probably as good a place as any to stay sharp and show his wares before the world cup period sees plenty of player movement and clubs looking for short term fill ins.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I never liked the off-season player movement rumour mill… usually the Chinese whispers don’t end up being true and ya can end up looking like a mug.

so in saying that - won’t say the gentlemen’s name as there’s a chance he could be back - so I’ll leave that part to be confirmed by a red heavy fan.

UQ has lost a super rugby player to rugby league/Q Cup.
Forward or back?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks for the fake news Creepy Joe - the word on the street is Werchons agent is trying to pressure Gabs into a guaranteed starting spot or he will leave. Werchon was told no guarantee and dont let the door hit you in the backside on your way out if you dont like it. With that being said his agent is now sourcing alternative options at different clubs.

I can confirm the Christian Brothers will be back in the butchers stripes for 2023.

In other news Dobbins and a few other West lads have landed in Melbourne this week.
Who is Werchon’s agent?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Forward or back?
I’m trying to think as well. Their reds contracted blokes are all still with the reds (Haven’t seen Connor Vest in any pre-season photos of the reds but assuming he’s still on break after playing Mitre 10 Cup) so the only ones I can think with Super Rugby experience are Sam Wallis or Con Foley.
Is there someone I’m missing?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The two players at UQ with Super Rugby experience that would be most suited to a swap to league would be Wallis and Ripley.

Doesn’t look like Sam has picked a Super Rugby contract for 2023, don’t know what Ripley’s contract is with the Rebels.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
If it is Wallis, and I’m sure someone will confirm it soon, I think he’s made a good move.

He’s not big enough to be a 6/8 and doesn’t seem to excel in areas of a 7 that would put him above others playing that position who already have contracts. But he’s definitely deserving of an opportunity.

I’m guessing he will play as a mobile lock or centre in league.

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)

Ahh the silly season.
Taylor Adams was at Crosby Road last night….

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I saw a post on the Brumbies Instagram and looks like BJ Oates is training with them. Not sure if that means he’s moved their for the season and will play in the Canberra club comp or just a pre-Season gig.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I saw a post on the Brumbies Instagram and looks like BJ Oates is training with them. Not sure if that means he’s moved their for the season and will play in the Canberra club comp or just a pre-Season gig.
I was wondering where he might pop up - was tagged in the RUPA indigenous player camp photos this week