• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So wests are going to have Ethan Dobbins, Maile Ngauamo and then Jordan Uelese come end of super season?
Tough call who doesn’t make the 23
Uelese only signed until the end of 2023, wouldn't be surprised to see him head offshore, in which case he won't be playing QPR

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Uelese only signed until the end of 2023, wouldn't be surprised to see him head offshore, in which case he won't be playing QPR

Efi Ma’afu had a couple of games last year after super rugby ended and before heading overseas…

i imagine with the World Cup this year they’ll delay the northern hemisphere comps so that might make the situation a little different for QPR 2023.

I wouldn’t expect Uelese who is from Melbourne to come up to Queensland for a couple of weeks just to play some 3rd tier footy… however in saying that… as much club rugby as possible for these fringe wallabies… there’s going to be a new set of eyes picking the national team this year. Every super rugby player would be wanting To get as much game tape as possible for Eddie Jones.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I see Todd Dammers has moved into a Director of Rugby role at BBC.

I think it’s a good move by him. His success at schoolboy and colts level is very good. It definitely seems to be his niche rather than men’s teams.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
I see Todd Dammers has moved into a Director of Rugby role at BBC.

I think it’s a good move by him. His success at schoolboy and colts level is very good. It definitely seems to be his niche rather than men’s teams.
Lets hope the BBC back room supports him and his program of delivering.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
4 March for the Australian Club Champs. Men and women at Wests.

ED71FDEA-8192-438D-AFA6-970375FDAA1D.jpeg

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
dont quite understand why Werchon would go to wests who have a bit of talent at 9 already if he was looking for more prem grade game time.
Completely bizarre. Looks like him, Dobbins and Navosailagi have definitely signed some form of contract with Reds as well

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
dont quite understand why Werchon would go to wests who have a bit of talent at 9 already if he was looking for more prem grade game time.

Brothers has a pretty stacked backline too… how much game time did he get in premier grade in 2022?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
But he could have gone somewhere that could do with a good halfback

not what I asked though.

Maybe someone should ask Werchon why he left and chose wests.

I reckon it has something to do with playing alongside his friends from the sunny coast.