• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Long bow there SX.

Extrapolating that logic Louis is a Rebel in the making.

Not too long, article link below from last year interviewing Werchon and Mason Gordon about their u20 selection, goes into detail about them playing together on the Sunny Coast growing up, being mates and looking forward to playing together again

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Now that Dammers has left Souths be interesting to see where Theo Fourie lands - he could potentially land at West with his fellow Rebels.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
not what I asked though.

Maybe someone should ask Werchon why he left and chose wests.

I reckon it has something to do with playing alongside his friends from the sunny coast.
From my recollection he played very little "starting Prem grade" was used of the bench a bit but spent most of the year in Reggies even though he was colts eligible.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
QPR posted the draw today on Insta…..

EA393856-6FBF-4B39-AD5E-EB3665A1039E.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Posted on the reds page but Taine Roiri has done as ACL and is out for the season. A blow to whichever club he may have ended up at this year.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Story in this weekend’s GC Bulletin has Rico Gear as Colts’ Coaching Coordinator and Colts 1 Coach at Bond this year. Has come from two years of coaching schoolboys in NZ. Interesting what he says about the difference in our junior coaching approach to NZ. Too much structure from us apparently.

With Collins heading up the program at Bond , that’s a fair whack of NZ Super Rugby clout there. Got to be a good thing for the future of rugby on the GC.

530241DF-7411-47FE-ABB7-2E3F25834E77.jpeg

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
dont quite understand why Werchon would go to wests who have a bit of talent at 9 already if he was looking for more prem grade game time.

Geezzz the Werchon departure is getting a fair bit of mileage. Maybe he went there coz he's really good mates with Tim Fa'inganuku who went there from The Filth a year ago!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
The Filth looking at bringing Will Stevens back after playing league in 2022
If it’s all true I love the filth importing anyone and everyone inevitably pissing off their not so loyal disciples and disillusion their colts and juniors. It’d be interesting to see how loyal player’s from brothers academy remain if they keep this up as it seems to be a quality programme?

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Calm your farm Will Stevens is hardly an import he was playing reggies at Brothers 2021 - FYI if you did your homework, you would know the majority of 1st Graders at Brothers have come through their Colts system with the exception of a small handful of players that help improve their squad each year. This is common practice for all QPR Clubs.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
The Filth looking at bringing Will Stevens back after playing league in 2022
I think Will Stevens trialled for League but didn't make the cut or quit. From Memory, He was playing 3rd grade when he left Brothers.
I am not sure they would be chasing him unless they have lost a lot of 1/2s.

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
Geezzz the Werchon departure is getting a fair bit of mileage. Maybe he went there coz he's really good mates with Tim Fa'inganuku who went there from The Filth a year ago!
He went there because he wasn’t guaranteed any game time in Prem grade. He is also good mates with the GORDON’s that is the main reason he went to Wests and no other club.

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Will Stevens trialled for League but didn't make the cut or quit. From Memory, He was playing 3rd grade when he left Brothers.
I am not sure they would be chasing him unless they have lost a lot of 1/2s.
They have lost Werchon and Tarabay. Stevens isn’t the answer. He is very average at best. 3rd grade is where he belongs

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
He went there because he wasn’t guaranteed any game time in Prem grade. He is also good mates with the GORDON’s that is the main reason he went to Wests and no other club.
Your son went to West because he didnt want to compete with Christian at Brothers and West guaranteed him a certain number of QPR starts which is ok we get it just say it how it is - but you went with the Gordon thing though really, he switched clubs to play with his friends that will only play the back quarter of the season with Moses Sorovi at 9.

If I say I believe you will you stop haha