• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wests V Sydney Uni this weekend. Should be good. I hope Wests get their boys released from holding tackle bags at the Reds.

trying to ascertain if the reds academy has some form of trial this weekend?

I suspect the rebels A don’t have a trial match this weekend but won’t be available due to super rugby round commitments at the stadium.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
trying to ascertain if the reds academy has some form of trial this weekend?

I suspect the rebels A don’t have a trial match this weekend but won’t be available due to super rugby round commitments at the stadium.
The combination of super round and the club champs may have complicated it enough that they're giving it a miss this week. Otherwise it would've been a good chance for the tahs A to have come up with Sydney Uni and add a Reds A v tahs A game to the program.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Rugby Australia really missed an opportunity to promote footy by not Streaming these trial games.

rugby Australia/Stans partnership biggest weakness is the content gap caused by the closing up of nrc.

I seriously considered cancelling my Stan subscription last September (with intention of signing it up again last week when the super rugby season kicked off)

I think club rugby does more to promote the game then the academy games… honestly where do you find the time the past weekend to watch reds development academy when there was super rugby, six nations, 7s etc

get those development academy games in the dead zone of October/November

Rusted

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't understand the comments about 6N being boring. Is it the typical cliched response from those still living on the past glories of Tri-nations dominance? NH rugby has improved massively over the past 5 years and is starting to set the bench mark. I look forward to the Netflix series of the 6N coming out later this year. Meanwhile TRC and Super Rugby is struggling to engage a wider fan base. I love my Stan sport subscription in the off-season. The 6N and UK premiership games are great to watch and you don't have to be a fan of a particular team to enjoy the rugby.

JRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ireland and France have the fastest ruck speed in the world currently and the games are regularly producing 40-50+ point contests but yet it's boring. Must be the packed out stadiums with tens of thousands of singing fans sucking the life out it....

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are the trial games on this weekend? Anybody know?

Aside from Wests v Sydney Uni I haven't seen any other games