• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
What are the trial games on this weekend? Anybody know?

Aside from Wests v Sydney Uni I haven't seen any other games

Wests grade is playing South’s

as Wests premier grade will be busy on Saturday with “Sydney UQ” then immediately following the club championship will be Souths vs Bond at sci fleet stadiun

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
GPS are sending out some mixed grades teams to Dalby this weekend. Always a good weekend when the club heads out there.

A shame the Reds have been fixtured for Sunday arvo, would have been good to get everyone to stick around and watch the game Saturday night, although I'm sure they won't need an excuse to have a few too many beers.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Brothers are playing University as well, I think all the games are being played on the bottom field at Crosby.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Maybe I like the sound of Dallan Murphys voice on Stan self-promoting his players lol - on a side note a few games happening this week, unsure about the Compass Cup.

West v Syd Uni (@ West 2pm) Club Challenge
Brothers v UQ (@Brothers 3:10pm) 1st/2nd Grade Mixed Trial 6 x 20mins

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Rebels have named their team for weekend. Huge congratulations to Angelo Smith whom will be getting his first cap from the bench. #QPR

will be interesting to see if any rebels are playing in club championship - I suspect Sorovi, Mason, Vaihu bros, Maiava & Eloff are names on radar for this weekend from last season with a couple of 2022 colts who might factor into 2023 premier grade.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Maybe I like the sound of Dallan Murphys voice on Stan self-promoting his players lol - on a side note a few games happening this week, unsure about the Compass Cup.

The Compass Cup doesn't exist anymore. Easts withdrew this year, preferring to trial against other teams. Souths have trialed against Norths last weekend, Bond on Saturday at Wests after the Club Championship, Maroochydore at Souths on 11th March and Sunnybank at Sunnybank on 18th March.

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)

Having an agent on the commentary team of a commercial station does seem a bit unusual in terms of conflict of interests.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Having an agent on the commentary team of a commercial station does seem a bit unusual in terms of conflict of interests.

perfectly ok with Dal. Doesn’t seem bias in anyway.

the bigger travesty on Stan is how many Red heavies alumini are on the show. (lippiatt, drew Mitchell, James Horwill, Jono lance) that’s probably why they left Greg Martin off the rotation to call 7s over on Bien sports.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The Rebels have named their team for weekend. Huge congratulations to Angelo Smith whom will be getting his first cap from the bench. #QPR

will be interesting to see if any rebels are playing in club championship - I suspect Sorovi, Mason, Vaihu bros, Maiava & Eloff are names on radar for this weekend from last season with a couple of 2022 colts who might factor into 2023 premier grade.
Looks like Higgins is coming out of retirement for the game and Mason Gordon is unavailable due to U20s duties:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeh Higgins is a good player and a great bloke. This is a great woolpull by him to make people think he wasn't going to play in the Club Championship game and then come out of retirement for one final game, he is a WWE fan from way back so this is a bit of showmanship I think!

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Looks like Higgins is coming out of retirement for the game and Mason Gordon is unavailable due to U20s duties:
Wow Uni only have 6 from their 23 man squad - with all the super players out for West sounds like it might be an evenly matched game. in saying that it would be better playing this game a fortnight after QPR/SS GF.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just seen a photo GPS have put up from their Fiji trip. Looks like they’ve made some big off season moves.
Picked up Jake Simeon (Canberra), Tonga Maafu (Norths) and Moses Jones (Sunnybank/Japan Trial)