• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Easts +12
Sunnybank +9
Brothers +8
Souths +3
Easts & GPS is usually close,
Norths have a good chance of first win,
Brothers will put a score on Uni,
Souths have still got some maturing to do, so Wests will get it in a close one.

Brothers will be in top spot after round 5.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
just spotted on the BGS social media page about Carl Marshall (Brothers coaching staff) finishing up at the school to pursue a new career path in the NRL.

a interesting career path trajectory - maybe this is Hamish McLennon latest NRL Trojan horse? You can’t question Carl ability to recruit. He helped build on the work Pat Byron did and has given Elwee Prinsloo Wests Bulldogs a great foundation for success.

Ras

Peter Burge (5)
There are a number of young props being developed. It looks like the Reds have finally seen enough of Zander. He hasn't been in the 23 for a few weeks.
Haven't seen him lining up for UQ either so may be injury related?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
He was pretty ordinary against Easts - watch Stan to see at least two scrum penalties against him in 40 minutes.

Rusted

Allen Oxlade (6)
He was pretty ordinary against Easts - watch Stan to see at least two scrum penalties against him in 40 minutes.
Maybe it's time for Zander to head to somewhere like France and work on his trade there. He's not on the Wallabies radar and looks to be struggling to hold his spot for the Reds. Other Super rugby teams seem to have enough depth in the front row.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe it's time for Zander to head to somewhere like France and work on his trade there. He's not on the Wallabies radar and looks to be struggling to hold his spot for the Reds. Other Super rugby teams seem to have enough depth in the front row.
Reckon he can get a job in France? It's not park footy.

He'd probably scrummage at the semi-pro level for European Rugby. Easier to get away with it here if I had to guess.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
What's everyone's thoughts on George Francis this year?

There is an opportunity for a QPR prop(s) to push their claim and get elevated to the Reds squad as the entire front row aside from hookers is essentially going through a re-tooling.

With all due respect to the bloke, I thought he might grab the opportunity, but he seems to have regressed a bit fitness wise.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What's everyone's thoughts on George Francis this year?

There is an opportunity for a QPR prop(s) to push their claim and get elevated to the Reds squad as the entire front row aside from hookers is essentially going through a re-tooling.

With all due respect to the bloke, I thought he might grab the opportunity, but he seems to have regressed a bit fitness wise.
I rate him very highly but his fitness is a huge red flag if he was to go to the next level. Didn't the Tahs bring him in for some trials but he hasn't been seen since.

He's only 24 which blows my mind. He has the potential to make an instant impact to a team if he can get it together. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking the bloke but he seems to be wasting the talent. Van Nek, Schoup are examples of guys he should want to emulate. Both in the initial Wallabies squads.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I rate him very highly but his fitness is a huge red flag if he was to go to the next level. Didn't the Tahs bring him in for some trials but he hasn't been seen since.

He's only 24 which blows my mind. He has the potential to make an instant impact to a team if he can get it together. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking the bloke but he seems to be wasting the talent. Van Nek, Schoup are examples of guys he should want to emulate. Both in the initial Wallabies squads.

Yeh he went on a Tahs train and trial a couple of years ago and from all reports actually came back from the time away in a worse condition, which might be reason he's not on more professional club radars.

I'm guessing he's still playing QPR because he's aiming to crack a Super Rugby team. Considering his age and ability, I've seen less capable players head overseas by now and have long careers, particularly front rowers.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Yeh he went on a Tahs train and trial a couple of years ago and from all reports actually came back from the time away in a worse condition, which might be reason he's not on more professional club radars.

I'm guessing he's still playing QPR because he's aiming to crack a Super Rugby team. Considering his age and ability, I've seen less capable players head overseas by now and have long careers, particularly front rowers.
He was an absolute beast for Easts in their premiership winning season couple years ago. Demolished some opposition scrums. Definitely seems to have gone wayward after leaving Easts.

You can see glimpses of his abilities though. For a big man his size to move and score some of the tries that ive seen last year and even this year for souths is a credit to him.