• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kef may have bigger fish to fry in 2024.

He has managed to pull together a pretty handy Tongan squad for RWC23.

If they do well at the RWC he may well have coaching options at home and abroad.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kef may have bigger fish to fry in 2024.

He has managed to pull together a pretty handy Tongan squad for RWC23.

If they do well at the RWC he may well have coaching options at home and abroad.

As much as I respect Toutai as a player, coach and person - I don't want him anywhere near the Reds in 2024.

I hope he really does well with Tonga and gets a good fulltime gig somewhere.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
As much as I respect Toutai as a player, coach and person - I don't want him anywhere near the Reds in 2024.

I hope he really does well with Tonga and gets a good fulltime gig somewhere.
I will have to agree to disagree - I would love to see what he could do with the Reds.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Are we likely to see the Wallabies Wider training squad members in QPR this weekend? Should be multiple super players floating about as well you’d imagine.
Brothers team could be a scary prospect if Wilson, O’Connor, Flook, Smith, Creighton, James all play

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
You won’t get all of them back. I’d be very surprised to see both Wilson and JOC (James O'Connor). I’d say Wilson more likely than JOC (James O'Connor). Wilson just has a greater club(Brothers) ethic. He’d be a very handy in.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
You won’t get all of them back. I’d be very surprised to see both Wilson and JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor). I’d say Wilson more likely than JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor). Wilson just has a greater club(Brothers) ethic. He’d be a very handy in.

Barring injury JOC (James O'Connor), Wilson, Flook and Creighton all playing for Brothers this weekend.

Players have been told today.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
This weekend should be interesting but I think July 22nd (rugby championship bye week) is shaping up for a cracker weekend of QPR… imagine there will be wallaby squad members who need game time potentially returning to clubland alongside all the other super rugby talent entrenched in 3rd tier.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With the Junior Wallabies missing out on the World Cup semi-finals, it will be interesting how long it takes for these players to get back to their Clubs. Souths will be very pleased to see HMP, John Bryant, Taj Annan and Trevor King back earlier than expected although they will be disappointed that the Under 20's couldn't go further in the competition, getting extra experience at that higher level.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
With the Junior Wallabies missing out on the World Cup semi-finals, it will be interesting how long it takes for these players to get back to their Clubs. Souths will be very pleased to see HMP, John Bryant, Taj Annan and Trevor King back earlier than expected although they will be disappointed that the Under 20's couldn't go further in the competition, getting extra experience at that higher level.

There’s still u20 footy to be played 5th-8th semi finals with a participation certificate on line

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There’s still u20 footy to be played 5th-8th semi finals with a participation certificate on line
Thanks. I forgot about this aspect of Under 20's World Cup. I was thinking it was like RWC where teams not making finals flyout immediately.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Brothers coach making some pertinent points on Clubland about his Wallabies not being allowed to play. I’m sure he’d dearly love them to be playing v UQ.

Interesting, I know for fact there was a players and coaches video session on Monday night and JOC (James O'Connor) was included on the call, expected to play this weekend.

Maybe things have changed since then. Will be disappointed if RA keep promising players and no one ends up turning out.