• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
Neutral supporter but would be very happy if Easts win a semi final this year. Bugger all super players, thought Wests were the team to beat today. In all honesty think Wests should still be favourite for this comp when their full strength team is together. Not sure who will be eligible though but will still back them in. Think Bond won’t be far behind but in the 3-4 years I’ve been following QPR this is the closest comp I can remember. The 2 teams out of the 4 at the moment could win without a shock. How good is club footy
Well not quite zero Super players as they had Wilkin and Van Nek yesterday with a few more in the squad like Richie A etc. But a very good win for the East boys yesterday to reopen the field. They’re well coached and seem to be playing very well as a unit. Yesterday the simple Northern Hemisphere approach of hoisting the ball by Pilz and the back three couldn’t be countered by Wests and once Easts saw they were getting pay down their right flank with kicks, they persisted with good reward. Wests were outplayed and out coached yesterday.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v UQ yesterday

hdnmstsnr

Frank Nicholson (4)
Photos from Bond v UQ yesterday

It was a cracker. This was by no means a full-strength Bond side, hallmarked by errors, defensive lapses and some new combos yet to gel and settle. But in the phases of play where they DID gel, they outplayed, outran and outflanked a full-strength and well-experienced UQ outfit. The telling points of the dangers Bond posed were demonstrated when they were able to capitalise off so many things that initially looked like mistakes. The use of an up n under into the sun, followed by a phenomenal touch finder from the resulting return kick, the want and will to compete in almost every phase of play - even when the ball is lost in a turnover - tries from forwards, backs and loosies...and solid performances from non-regular scrum-halves Quigley and Dillon. Bond has the muscle and brains for a 2023 boilover...and they appear to be very aware that the rugby masses further up the M1 are quick to write them off. The next few weeks will prove a point, one way or the other.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Bond has the muscle and brains for a 2023 boilover...and they appear to be very aware that the rugby masses further up the M1 are quick to write them off. The next few weeks will prove a point, one way or the other.
I don't think anyone is writing off Bond considering their results this year. Good to see them going so well and hope that they are generating plenty of local support.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't think anyone is writing off Bond considering their results this year. Good to see them going so well and hope that they are generating plenty of local support.
Why would anyone write them off - 7 of their original starting forward pack is on the bench, I think they are well stocked lol

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
This week could decide the 4 and the minor premiership in one game.

There’s probably a memorandum floating around the QRRA this week about screwing brothers over to set up a plethora of different last round combinations of the top 4.

If brothers knocks off wests this week then it will be a rather anti climatic end to the qpr season in last round.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
There’s probably a memorandum floating around the QRRA this week about screwing brothers over to set up a plethora of different last round combinations of the top 4.

If brothers knocks off wests this week then it will be a rather anti climatic end to the qpr season in last round.
Not if GPS also knocks off Bond

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Not if GPS also knocks off Bond

Yes you are correct Serge.

I suspect GPS will get the scalp if we are to go off recent form and Bond and Gallopers usually trade the home and away matches anyways… gallopers almost got the chocolates down the coast in round 1?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bros 48 GPS 45 Souths 41

if Souths beat Snbk and Bond they’d finish with at least 49 points and then Bros & GPS don’t do so well in rounds 17 & 18 Souths could jump into the top 4. Granted if Bros beat Wests then it makes it difficult for GPS but not impossible as they could get to 54/55 with wins over Bond & Norths. They would need Easts to down Bros in round 18 in that scenario.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Bros 48 GPS 45 Souths 41

if Souths beat Snbk and Bond they’d finish with at least 49 points and then Bros & GPS don’t do so well in rounds 17 & 18 Souths could jump into the top 4. Granted if Bros beat Wests then it makes it difficult for GPS but not impossible as they could get to 54/55 with wins over Bond & Norths. They would need Easts to down Bros in round 18 in that scenario.
1690238768249.png

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Who runs Wests socials - have you read the second slide? It's pretty much a full bio about Mooney written in size 2 font. I get they want to spruik the bloke but jeez send an email...

Think the person who manages the socials is the sister of one of the players. (There’s watermark on the photos Holly Hope Creative)

Wanted to point out whoever does it now for wests is doing a fantastic job and probably being reimbursed in peanuts. Also the video content supplied by Joey Lalagavesi is of high quality.

You know you can always skip the second slide if it’s too much for you Phil - there’s a lot of newer people down the club (new arrivals) who may not have a any idea of who Phil is and are not on wests email list. (Hopefully they’ve been to opsm for that size 2 font)

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
You know you can always skip the second slide if it’s too much for you Phil - there’s a lot of newer people down the club (new arrivals) who may not have a any idea of who Phil is and are not on wests email list. (Hopefully they’ve been to opsm for that size 2 font)

Mate I don’t think I’m being out of line by pointing out the slide looks dumb.

Wasn’t attacking the person personally, I’m sure they do a great job. I just found it funny how much information they crammed in. Made me recall when PowerPoint first became widely used for presentations and people would just copy and paste entire documents in slides.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Mate I don’t think I’m being out of line by pointing out the slide looks dumb.

Wasn’t attacking the person personally, I’m sure they do a great job. I just found it funny how much information they crammed in. Made me recall when PowerPoint first became widely used for presentations and people would just copy and paste entire documents in slides.

You were not out of line my friend. Simply pointing out your boomer attitude to “put it into a email” and how people consume their info these days.

I also think the size 2 font was a bit tacky, probably better to capture the mooney life story into the comments of post as opposed to second slide.

Doubting Thomas

Stan Wickham (3)
You were not out of line my friend. Simply pointing out your boomer attitude to “put it into a email” and how people consume their info these days.

I also think the size 2 font was a bit tacky, probably better to capture the mooney life story into the comments of post as opposed to second slide.
Wow. I thought building up grassroots rugby and attracting players and supporters to the game was a common goal no matter which club you support. When we have work being critiqued as dumb on a public forum, all we are doing is making volunteers question whether all their time and effort is worth it. It’s not difficult to zoom into the image and read the content. If your contribution is merely to throw stones at other clubs then you need to take a good look at yourself. Maybe just stick to your own club’s socials if you don’t approve.