• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I wonder if it’s all hands on deck for the rebels lads in qpr this weekend?

I would assume maybe the rebels might want some of those squad/fringe players around the ground (MCG) doing promo work?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Further re Phil Mooney’s appointment -despite the obvious success of the First Grade premiership in 2022 - as we speak First Grade and colts 3 are the only sides in the top 4. There are another 3 or 4 grades who sit 5th who still have finals aspirations. The women’s side is out of contention.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I suspect LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) has made the move to Yoku Road because GPS rugby is the new rebels aligned partnership… don’t be surprised if TT leaves brothers and hooks up with his rebels mates at Yoku.

Some great recruitment happening over at Yoku Road

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
I suspect LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) has made the move to Yoku Road because GPS rugby is the new rebels aligned partnership… don’t be surprised if TT leaves brothers and hooks up with his rebels mates at Yoku.

Some great recruitment happening over at Yoku Road
Do you mean that Wests won't be the Rebels players home anymore or are they just expanding to GPS as well?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Do you mean that Wests won't be the Rebels players home anymore or are they just expanding to GPS as well?

Haha I meant nothing by the comment. I was just joking…

It is surprising though. The original qpr rebel in James Tuttle rarely plays for the gallopers but we now have LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Mafi & Talakai all aligned with different qpr clubs when they were playing for reds but now all at gps now they linked with rebels

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That brothers team is stacked - probably the best ever club rugby lineup I’ve seen. mcReight and O’Connor making their filth 2023 debut
West's aren't exactly light on either, should be a hell of a game. Basically two NRC level sides

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
That brothers team is stacked - probably the best ever club rugby lineup I’ve seen. mcReight and O’Connor making their filth 2023 debut
Stacked is an understatement. Wests will have to play out of their skins to get anywhere close on Saturday but how good to see these guys down in club footy.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
that 2nd grade brothers team seem to be unbeatable now for the premiership. They were undefeated even before all these players come through. now the players that played majority of the season in prem grade getting dropped for the new boys will make them even stronger

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
that 2nd grade brothers team seem to be unbeatable now for the premiership. They were undefeated even before all these players come through. now the players that played majority of the season in prem grade getting dropped for the new boys will make them even stronger

Wests need a win in reserve grade. If they can beat them they’ll be in a shot for reserve grade top 4

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Yep Brothers 2nd grade have already secured the minor premiership I believe. They actually planned on resting some of their main players these next few games, but it'll be interesting to see who needs to compete for a spot if there are bulk players getting dropped from 1sts.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Wests need a win in reserve grade. If they can beat them they’ll be in a shot for reserve grade top 4
Going off purely on results this year.... i dont think thats going to happen.

Last week Easts 2nd grade beat wests 40-10.

When Easts played brothers at home, brothers beat them by something like 50 points.