• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

hdnmstsnr

Frank Nicholson (4)
When they won the Colts premiership a few years back, it proved to be a false dawn for Souths. The following year they fielded a very young side in first grade and were out of their depth most weeks. Then covid…

They look to have built a much broader and deeper base of talent this year. So agree that the future looks bright.
Two words - Kohan Herbert.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Two letters for the young thunder cats coming out of Souths - UQ, they are rebuilding and they will take from somewhere.....History says Souths, Sunnybank and Norths. In saying that East stole Rhys from their successful Colts program that year as well.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
How come the Dammers impact on the transition of that recent colts success into first grade situation which 12 months ago didn’t look so promising, never gets a mention?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Two letters for the young thunder cats coming out of Souths - UQ, they are rebuilding and they will take from somewhere.....History says Souths, Sunnybank and Norths. In saying that East stole Rhys from their successful Colts program that year as well.
I think Mr Dammers might have played a part in Rhys moving from Souths colts to Easts - that was 5/6 years ago.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Mr Dammers might have played a part in Rhys moving from Souths colts to Easts - that was 5/6 years ago.
I think you will find Dammers housed him early on & has a good relationship with him still… He graduated to grades in 2019, the year he went to Easts.
The Picone factor as he was not his manager squeezed him out the door I think you will find.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So @Wilson with the scoop over in the wallabies 2023 thread

James O’Connor is going to Darwin this weekend (wallabies camp) which you’d think will most likely rule him out on Sunday?
It is very much 3rd or 4th hand rumour at this stage so I wouldn't rule him out just yet, but if he is indeed on the plane you have to assume he won;t be playing for Brothers this weekend. I had hoped we might have seen QPR teams by now to give us a bit more of a hint at that wallabies squad though.

Willo

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't understand that if JOC (James O'Connor) goes to Darwin this weekend to hold the bags for the WC squad the lack of respect for club rugby. We wonder why our game is losing players and fans at such a great rate. I personally am jack of it. DISGRACFUL.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't understand that if JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) goes to Darwin this weekend to hold the bags for the WC squad the lack of respect for club rugby. We wonder why our game is losing players and fans at such a great rate. I personally am jack of it. DISGRACFUL.

He is putting the country ahead of brothers… I believe he might be in the frame for selection

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
He is putting the country ahead of brothers… I believe he might be in the frame for selection

I posted on the Wallabies thread that Kerevi’s hand from what I’m told is actually broken.

Ikitau is gone from the RWC with injury.

I guess could do worse than have JOC (James O'Connor) as 10/12/13 cover particularly if Quade has been dropped as rumoured.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So Eddie confirmed O'Connor is in Darwin as a training extra, but interestingly brothers have named on the bench according to rugby Xplorer. May just have been in case they had him available though, who knows when they found out versus when the team was named.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So Eddie confirmed O'Connor is in Darwin as a training extra, but interestingly brothers have named on the bench according to rugby Xplorer. May just have been in case they had him available though, who knows when they found out versus when the team was named.

If he flys back in for the minor semi final
- major respect.

Would be even better if the brand landed in tigerland via parachute 5 mins before kick off with his immaculate hair.