• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Brothers Reserve Grade and Colts 1 playing on Saturday. Easts Reserve Grade and Colts 1 playing on Sunday.
That could be a difference in terms of bench impact, depending on injuries and fitness.
On the flip side, Easts playing at home is an advantage for their teams. Sudden-death Sunday should be sensational.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I really don’t think the success of the final series rest on whether JOC (James O'Connor) plays or not - let’s be honest the only rugby fans who support QPR and want to see him are Filth inclined.
If Easts can bring the game that they played against Wests when they last played on David Wilson Field they will be hard to beat.
I’ll be cheering for the Tigers on Sunday.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I really don’t think the success of the final series rest on whether JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) plays or not - let’s be honest the only rugby fans who support QPR and want to see him are Filth inclined.
If Easts can bring the game that they played against Wests when they last played on David Wilson Field they will be hard to beat.
I’ll be cheering for the Tigers on Sunday.
I’m a neutral - I’d like to head out watch him. So would many I know. It’s a shame he won’t be playing

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think Flook being out is more concerning for Brothers.

Regardless, Della Court is a big step down from either Flook or JOC (James O'Connor) so I think they’re a bit exposed in the midfield now.

Although my little birdies tell he and Paddy James will swapping positions so maybe Brothers know they need to shore up that midfield channel.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am tipping Bond and Easts.

Bond because running 5th last year will drive them for another 2 games and Easts because of playing in front of a big tigers crowd.

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)

Bond because running 5th last year will drive them for another 2 games and Easts because of playing in front of a big tigers crowd.
This old man is tipping Bond to be crowned in a few weeks. They’ll get up today and take Brothers in finals. Only caveat is, based on rest of season, if Wests ( or any of the others) can be at least 3 tries up in last 15. It has been written.

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
I think Flook being out is more concerning for Brothers.

Regardless, Della Court is a big step down from either Flook or JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) so I think they’re a bit exposed in the midfield now.

Although my little birdies tell he and Paddy James will swapping positions so maybe Brothers know they need to shore up that midfield channel.
Della Court put on a great performance in the GPS game prior to getting the head knock.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
If Eloff and Sorovi do not start Bond will take it home, Gibbo will clean Tim up at set piece. Tim is not a high level tight head - Brothers scrum was the difference in the West/East wins giving their back line clean forward ball. If they can continue this and keep Brad & co off the ball they should get it over the line. JPs injury last week didnt look great and surprised hes still playing, this could be an issue for East scrummaging.

With East 2nd Grade playing on the same day depth could be an issue - I did notice the fill in for Brothers is named in both 1st/2nd grade team list.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
I’m tipping Wests and Brothers

Wests by a lot
Brothers after the siren
Yes, you feel Wests have too much big game experience and representative power for Bond today.

If Easts turn up tomorrow and mark Creighton a bit closer, they will win. Brothers intimidate but they are not that impressive without O'Connor.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes, you feel Wests have too much big game experience and representative power for Bond today.

If Easts turn up tomorrow and mark Creighton a bit closer, they will win. Brothers intimidate but they are not that impressive without O'Connor.

Picking thru the eye of a one eyed bulldog supporter… in reality the game will be much closer but I expect the champs to advance.

Brothers beating Easts on their home turf after siren.. that would be amazing tv… but in reality Easts could win by double digits hosting on their home track.

hdnmstsnr

Frank Nicholson (4)

Ditto. Pilz and Kennedy the difference for Easts - Campbell and the back three the difference for Bond....and by back three, I mean 6,7 and 8. Easts have pedigree and will power, Bond have the drive and determination evolved from a well-played comp...to date.