• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bond would be rueing not getting points just then. Might be turning point of game. 10 mins or pressure and you knock it on.
Yeah, West's try line defence and the management of their two yellow cards has been excellent. If they go on to win that will be the reason.

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
This old man is tipping Bond to be crowned in a few weeks. They’ll get up today and take Brothers in finals. Only caveat is, based on rest of season, if Wests ( or any of the others) can be at least 3 tries up in last 15. It has been written.
Some of us clearly don’t know our rugby. Didn’t expect Wests to grind out a win.

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
yawn… this referee criticism especially at grassroots level gets tiresome. Go buy a whistle and referee yourself if you’re that good
Fair enough. But we must get this right at at grassroots so that our front rows are prepared in the big time. It’s an important part of the game and a thankless job especially for an ex back I guess

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is it going to be a less deep Aussie As squad though? I thought they were integrating the players not getting any game time with main squad and then filling out the other positions to make a match day XXIII
I doubt it - you aren’t allowed to send squad players off to get game time with an A squad during the tournament and there is a rule on how close an A team can be based to the main squad

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Fair enough. But we must get this right at at grassroots so that our front rows are prepared in the big time. It’s an important part of the game and a thankless job especially for an ex back I guess
As an ex prop I had no issue with his officiating of the scrum. And whilst scrums are the dark arts and everyone’s trying to cheat each other, I thought he did a decent job officiating them and rewarded the dominant scrum appropriately, didn’t do anything to warrant calling him hopeless or that he has no clue.

there’s a growing shortage of match officials at grassroots levels and a big contributor to that shortage is criticism and abuse towards officials.

Last edited:

hdnmstsnr

Frank Nicholson (4)
yawn… this referee criticism especially at grassroots level gets tiresome. Go buy a whistle and referee yourself if you’re that good
As an ex-referee, I was scratching my head at the awarding of Wests second try and missing some clear knock ons. BUT....that is rugby = and having said that, Wests weathered pressure, staved off a Bond comeback and managed to rattle the Bullsharks enough to EARN their win. The feeling of both teams after the game was one of mutual respect toward each other - and clear relief from the Wests playing group. Congrats to the Bulldogs for a hard-fought and deserved trip to Ballymore. Bond have their work cut out for them.

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
As an ex-referee, I was scratching my head at the awarding of Wests second try and missing some clear knock ons. BUT....that is rugby = and having said that, Wests weathered pressure, staved off a Bond comeback and managed to rattle the Bullsharks enough to EARN their win. The feeling of both teams after the game was one of mutual respect toward each other - and clear relief from the Wests playing group. Congrats to the Bulldogs for a hard-fought and deserved trip to Ballymore. Bond have their work cut out for them.
Agree. There seemed to be a good deal of mutual respect for a very hard semi final. This afternoon promises another cracker.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
GPS with the big scalp in 2nd grade yesterday.

Very stacked GPS side, a number of this blokes would have been close to ineligible I reckon.

Brothers should bounce back though, copped a red card around halftime but still managed to stay in the fight.