• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
2019 - Brothers had 9 teams in the GFs including 2 playing each other in sixth grade.

I believe they won 4/8. But happy to be corrected.

From the first grade team, there are 4 or 5 players who lost the GF v UQ who will be looking for redemption this Sunday.

Last edited:

Punter Pete

Frank Row (1)
I meant a subtle jab at Wests who only have 1 team
Wests actually have 3, Brothers have included Tuckey Cup which is a subbies comp both wests 6ths grades Wyatt and Normanby cup are playing in GF’s this weekend also with Colts 2 narrowly missing out after the bell last week. Slowly building each year with more teams in the finals series.

Willo

Stan Wickham (3)
2019 - Brothers had 9 teams in the GFs including 2 playing each other in sixth grade.

I believe they won 4/8. But happy to be corrected.

From the first grade team, there are 4 or 5 players who lost the GF v UQ who will be looking for redemption this Sunday.
There is six players from the 23 from 2019.
Kapa
Maloney
H.Wilson
Creighton
James
Tarabay

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
There is six players from the 23 from 2019.
Kapa
Maloney
H.Wilson
Creighton
James
Tarabay
also for the Filth: Dobbins in the Colts final, Usher on bench for Prems.
Also interestingly Will Wilson and Dom Fraser in 3rd grade Final.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
My 5cents for tomorrow - the game will be won/lost in the dark arts of the front row, Brothers scrummaging has been consistently strong the past 5 games allowing their backs to get front foot ball. West scrum has been inconsistent all season but when its on, its on and their backs convert it into points.

If Eloff and Dobbins are coming off the bench this could be a genius move or one the loses them the game - unsure if Lopeti Faifua is available as he was named in the Forced team who played the Cheetahs yesterday in South Africa.

Brothers 12+

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
My 5cents for tomorrow - the game will be won/lost in the dark arts of the front row, Brothers scrummaging has been consistently strong the past 5 games allowing their backs to get front foot ball. West scrum has been inconsistent all season but when its on, its on and their backs convert it into points.

If Eloff and Dobbins are coming off the bench this could be a genius move or one the loses them the game - unsure if Lopeti Faifua is available as he was named in the Forced team who played the Cheetahs yesterday in South Africa.

Brothers 12+
Agree - this will be an intriguing aspect to watch and could be key for both teams. It will interesting to see how the Brothers loosehead is policed especially, in both semis it took the officials a few scrums before they stopped tolerating Brother pulling the opposing tight head down on engagement ( Sheriiff was incensed by it last week). If the Filth can get away with it again, it will be a long day at the office for Wests.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)

Brothers 12+
Faifua is not playing.

Did anyone head out to Ballymore today? Thoughts on new set up?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A lineout maul try to brother's shortly after means it's not too significant, though Creighton surely wouldn't have missed the easier conversion if Wilson's try was given.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Wilson gets his in the second half, levels the score and gives Creighton the chance to take the lead, which he does.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Wests have pulled Mason Gordon off to get a halfback on while Sorovi is off with a yellow card. Not sure if they realise he can't come back on after the card is done.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Thrilling finish and Brothers hang on to win it, holding Wests up at the death. Wests will regret pulling Gordon during the yellow card period, having to try and score a winner without a fly half (and maybe no place kicker?) was just a step too far.

Huge game from Wilson, Fraser and Ryan for Brothers, Anderson, Tauakipulu and Smith for Wests. Plenty of big games from others too, but those were the ones that stood out for me.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Thrilling finish and Brothers hang on to win it, holding Wests up at the death. Wests will regret pulling Gordon during the yellow card period, having to try and score a winner without a fly half (and maybe no place kicker?) was just a step too far.

Huge game from Wilson, Fraser and Ryan for Brothers, Anderson, Tauakipulu and Smith for Wests. Plenty of big games from others too, but those were the ones that stood out for me.
Tim Ryan is a young gun, plays way above his size. A big off season in the gym and he could be anything. Wests will seriously regret not taking the 3 points twice in the last 10-15 minutes, I think they lost both line outs when they went to the sideline. Interestingly Brothers hardly ran any of their subs. Very different from todays modern game.