• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Man from snowy river

Bob McCowan (2)
Good win by Easts. They just needed a bit of belief and their first hour yesterday gave them that. UQ maybe a little complacent and tasted a lot of fromage but the Tigers looked like a different team. Especially with Crothers back at starting hooker. Still a young side so expect inconsistency for the rest of 24.

Wests looked like they were comfortable but had their work cut out for periods against Norths. Just too much class in the Bulldog backline. Not sure they have focused for 80 mins yet. When they need it they just press the acceleration.

Brothers far too good across the park for the Bank. Five tries to a hooker gives you a fair indication of their strength. So much depth at the filth and the standard of players to come back after Super Rugby is scary.

Bond eventually got on top of GPS in a drop-athon. Lucky Stan has minis and highlights. And fast forward! Terrible spectacle on the coast. Catching practice Tuesday night.

Store Local Hospital Cup looks like a fight for 4th. Cannot see anyone other than Wests, Brothers and Souths being in the top 3.
Despite the loss to Easts, UQ will be favourites for 4th with their depth and strength in second grade.
Well said. I think your on the money. I think West and Brothers are my favourite. James O’Connor is back to brothers this weekend is my oil.

Man from snowy river

Bob McCowan (2)
Tip for the weekend
Sunnybank to go back in the winner’s circle over Easts by 7
Wests over GPS.Wests at full strength with Werchom back from the reds. By 20
Souths by 14. Uni will bounce back but not enough to win
Brothers have Neilson, James and Bully back. will back them by 17.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Agree with those tips MFSR.

Sunnybank over the Tigers at the Bank.
GPS to fight hard but Wests will be too quick.
Souths forwards to overpower UQ.
Brothers at home always safe.

Willo

Stan Wickham (3)
My tips for the week:
GPS will be too strong for Norths. GPS by 12
Easts have had 2 wins but I think that Bond at home might just get the chocolates. I'll pick Bond by 7 points.
Souths will have Vest and HMP in their line up and playing at home will be a 21 points a better side.
Top of the table clash between Wests and Brothers. Dobbins and Werchon both out. Brothers will miss Lloyd big time. Neilsen and Pakeho both back for Brothers but I think Wests bounce back and will just win by 3. Last week I got 1 from 4 so I am not confident!!!

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Poor effort by wests and Sunnybank leaving last moment to post team lists. (Still not up)

im sure the reds social media team is thrilled to do a social media posf after 5pm for qpr this weekend.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Confucius confounded and confused by this week’s competition and confrontations.

Wests could beat Brothers. Not sure why. Just a bounce back theory and late naming of their team. Back at the kennel and egos would have been bruised last week at Yoku Road.
Brothers to win. They just hate to lose.

Norths to beat GPS who don’t have 2 of their best from last week in Aubrey and Downes. Ollie the Captain still out too. Norths fresh after bye. GPS last start was brutal. If the Eagles believe, I believe. Jeeps will have one eye on the bye and one on Brothers. That will be enough to get them playing like they did against Bond and the Bank. Won’t be pretty.

Easts can beat Bond. Whether they will? Who knows! Bond form is erratic and Easts have been good for the last 2 weeks. If Bond get to 30 they win.

Sunnybank will go down to an out of form Souths, who just need to win. With HMP back, they might win easily but he will need support because as Nathan Grey discovered, super rugby players make mistakes too.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
My tips for the week:
GPS will be too strong for Norths. GPS by 12
Easts have had 2 wins but I think that Bond at home might just get the chocolates. I'll pick Bond by 7 points.
Souths will have Vest and HMP in their line up and playing at home will be a 21 points a better side.
Top of the table clash between Wests and Brothers. Dobbins and Werchon both out. Brothers will miss Lloyd big time. Neilsen and Pakeho both back for Brothers but I think Wests bounce back and will just win by 3. Last week I got 1 from 4 so I am not confident!!!
Look on the bright side. At least you are consistent with 1 from 4 again