• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Is Scott Higganbotham coaching at a club next year? Or likely to be?

From my understanding he's the only coach associated with the Challenger series who isn't directly involved with a club or the Reds. Is he the current Churchie head coach?

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Are Norths going to deliver the same tripe in 2024? It’s depressing they can’t seem to improve especially as every side maybe except for Bond seems to have a few ex Norths or Norths juniors players. Brothers is stacked with them thru colts and seniors.

Last edited:

Downtown

Frank Row (1)
Is Scott Higganbotham coaching at a club next year? Or likely to be?

From my understanding he's the only coach associated with the Challenger series who isn't directly involved with a club or the Reds. Is he the current Churchie head coach?
He seems pretty relaxed in his role as assistant/ line out coach at churchie

Putmeoncoach

Allen Oxlade (6)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Has there ever been a coach in QPR who announced his departure and then went onto winning hospital cup?
McCormack has huge shoes to fill replacing Garbett.

Btw 2024 qpr news related - Tasi Tasi has been named this weekend for challenger series, that will be a huge addition for GPS backline if Tasi is back from Japan for the 2024 qpr campaign.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers Head Coach
McCormack is very experienced and obviously a great fit back at Brothers. He will attract some players too!

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
McCormack is very experienced and obviously a great fit back at Brothers. He will attract some players too!

He seems to have been around a long time but is still only 36 (I guess that makes sense considering his Pup nickname was born of that genesis).

I wonder if he’s still looking to get a pro gig somewhere. Not many throw their hat into Randwick coaching without a professional pathway in mind.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So all coaching spots are filled?

Pup taking over at brothers
Dan Ritchie elevated at Norths
Simon Craig having a crack at the tigers..

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sio Kite promoted to 1st Grade coach at GPS for 2024.

I mentioned in the 2023 thread that I wouldn't be surprised if Shane was only on board for a couple of years.

Pretty conservative appointment by the club, will be interesting who his assistants are and where recruitment drive will come from.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

I mentioned in the 2023 thread that I wouldn't be surprised if Shane was only on board for a couple of years.

Pretty conservative appointment by the club, will be interesting who his assistants are and where recruitment drive will come from.

I thought a change had to happen honestly.

Remember that GPS were 2nd place favourites at start of season with bookmakers so they did have a bit of underperforming year.

Putmeoncoach

Allen Oxlade (6)

A few retired players taking over the colts program as well. Chris Kurinrani, Joe Tomane, Waita Setu and Matt Mafi.

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
Has there ever been a coach in QPR who announced his departure and then went onto winning hospital cup?
McCormack has huge shoes to fill replacing Garbett.

Btw 2024 qpr news related - Tasi Tasi has been named this weekend for challenger series, that will be a huge addition for GPS backline if Tasi is back from Japan for the 2024 qpr campaign.
From the moment Pup returned to Brisbane Gabbett's days were numbered. Was telling how subdued Gabbett's celebrations were on Grand Final day. I watched him closely. Quite subdued all things considered. Perhaps it was still sinking in.

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are Norths going to deliver the same tripe in 2024? It’s depressing they can’t seem to improve especially as every side maybe except for Bond seems to have a few ex Norths or Norths juniors players. Brothers is stacked with them thru colts and seniors.
Trip is a bit harsh isn't it. But perhaps your next point is half the problem.....every other club just raids them every year of their best players. Perhaps there should be a " hands off rule" for 5 years........