• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Elton Berrange
Elton firmly believes that players, coaches & all members of the support team respect & appreciate being held accountable to agreed standards of effort & behaviour. He is a Rugby Australia Level 4 coach passionate about the development of his players on & off the field.

That is a weird summary to use for a bio.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So the top four this year was Bond, Wests, Easts & Bros(ultimately premiers).
Is anyone prepared to make a prediction that any of them won’t be there in 2024?

Keeno3

Frank Row (1)
So the top four this year was Bond, Wests, Easts & Bros(ultimately premiers).
Is anyone prepared to make a prediction that any of them won’t be there in 2024?
I think Bond and Easts - coaching changes may result in a tough year next year. GPS and Souths weren't far off and loom as the obvious threats.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS have already announced a new 1st grade coaching team a few weeks ago. Are you hearing changes outside of that?
No not in regards GPS I was referring to the appointment released recently but Souths is a bit more complicated.
I was just questioning why Bond & Easts go down due to coaching changes and GPS & Souths go up with changes to the coaching teams at those clubs.
Bond and Easts may be freed by their new coaching set up and take the next step.
This is why I don’t like this time of the year because you are punching at shadows with no live data.

Upthemaroon!

Frank Row (1)
Any news on coaching staff at Sunnybank this year? Also, what is the situation there at the moment player wise? Last year wasn't too successful...

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Any news on coaching staff at Sunnybank this year? Also, what is the situation there at the moment player wise? Last year wasn't too successful...

Unsure why there’d be a change in coaching staff? They just got new one in place this year.

Preseason usually kicks off in Nov/dec so any player movements will be coming to light in coming weeks

Upthemaroon!

Frank Row (1)
Unsure why there’d be a change in coaching staff? They just got new one in place this year.

Preseason usually kicks off in Nov/dec so any player movements will be coming to light in coming weeks
Didn't the coach' son or nephew moved over to east? I've been out of qld premier rugby for a while so could be very old news. Any way, let's hope sunnybank (and norths for that matter) gets a bit more competitive this year

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
[
Didn't the coach' son or nephew moved over to east? I've been out of qld premier rugby for a while so could be very old news. Any way, let's hope sunnybank (and norths for that matter) gets a bit more competitive this year

That would be his nephew Taine, he is a member of the reds.

Unsure of his club allegiance status. He left Wests the year before Rob got the job at Sunnybank and headed over to easts.

I assume he is still an east boy but unsure, Taine had ACL tear late last year or early this year so he didn’t see any qpr action.

Upthemaroon!

Frank Row (1)
[

That would be his nephew Taine, he is a member of the reds.

Unsure of his club allegiance status. He left Wests the year before Rob got the job at Sunnybank and headed over to easts.

I assume he is still an east boy but unsure, Taine had ACL tear late last year or early this year so he didn’t see any qpr action.
Aaah fair, yeah okay I thought I was crazy. Thanks!

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
Strong rumours Heenan was offered the job along with a bucketload of $$ by Bond.......and he knocked it back.

Putmeoncoach

Allen Oxlade (6)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
That is big news. Great that Heeno's rugby IP is staying in QLD.

My two questions are:

1. Does this rattle cages at UQ? Is it feasible that some of the players who are playing UQ Rugby and studying at UQ could get a similar deal to move down the M1 and have the same arrangement at Bond? It's interesting because these are obviously the only two clubs in QPR to my knowledge who can offer a study/play scholarship.

2. Are the Bullsharks in a 'win now' situation even without getting additional stock? Fair to say Heenan is the most highly sought after QPR coach in the competition right now. I would think you'd only be bringing him in if you're ready to pull the trigger and win some silverware from day 1.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Looking forward to Heenan back in qpr.

I think there’s a lot of parity in the comp atm but Mick back at the helm at one of the contenders, surely they’ll be competition favourites in 2024 considering they won the minor premiership?