• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Go back a couple of pages - there was a few names on the move.

don’t have specifics but it sounds like souths & Sunnybank are the big movers and shakers of offseason.
A bit of talk around that Souths are losing more than they are gaining.
Plenty of Magpies on the move to other clubs.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Can’t work that out - thought GM would have bought plenty to the table

Or GM is continuing down the untraveled path of bringing in young up & comers - and it’s simply a case that they are not household names yet…

wasn’t south’s the best represented Oz rugby club last year in aus u20s? Think they had 4 or 5 home grown talents!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Todd Dammers just won’t go away - he has unseated Stevie Kefu as BBC 1st XV coach.
Got to admire his resilience he just keeps getting up off the canvas.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Todd Dammers just won’t go away - he has unseated Stevie Kefu as BBC 1st XV coach.
Got to admire his resilience he just keeps getting up off the canvas.
I was at the coaches forum today at Nudgee Bulldog and I was told that Todd had appointed Dan Leo as the new BBC head coach with Todd to continue on as the DoR.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
nup. Still early in the season. Let’s see if he sticks around.

interesting - I assumed you were referencing Sorovi… who’s off contract & has a test cap for Fiji.

Taking a look at Wikipedia (wallaby caps) it could be any of these names Kuridrani, Speight, Nabuli or Sefa Naivalu…. All have links to Brisbane I believe…

Another name I’ll throw to wind… there’s GPS stalwart legend who recently retired from the Warratahs, but im sure we would have heard about that defection from the Yoku road faithful.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I always thought Dammers was quite a decent coach at schoolboy level and colts?

He just seemed to lack the communication piece to relay that style from boys to men.

that was my take too Phil…

Dammers probably better suited schoolboy rugby.. for all the criticism Todd got with his souths squads. I bet Garrick Morgan was happy that Dammers took the short term pain for the betterment of south’s rugby by blooding so many colts up in premier grade.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
interesting - I assumed you were referencing Sorovi… who’s off contract & has a test cap for Fiji.

Taking a look at Wikipedia (wallaby caps) it could be any of these names Kuridrani, Speight, Nabuli or Sefa Naivalu…. All have links to Brisbane I believe…

Another name I’ll throw to wind… there’s GPS stalwart legend who recently retired from the Warratahs, but im sure we would have heard about that defection from the Yoku road faithful.
Sorovi has two caps for Fiji, but more to the point he never left Wests - he was the starting halfback in the final last year. Would be a bit disingenuous to tease a players 'return' from the summer break.

My guess was Teti Tela, but I figure we'll find out in due course who it is.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Any word at what clubs the new Reds players will be aligned too? I know the two kiwi props are aligned to Sunnybank and Norths but what about Daly, Brial and De Lutiis?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Any word at what clubs the new Reds players will be aligned too? I know the two kiwi props are aligned to Sunnybank and Norths but what about Daly, Brial and De Lutiis?
Haven't heard anything but De Lutiis is a Southport boy so bond wouldn't be surprising. That said, from a development perspective I wouldn't mind if he ended up at Easts packing down with Max Craig at hooker week in week out.

Edit: now I feel like I might have already known he was headed to Easts and just forgotten haha. Should be a good move for him and Craig to get that time together.
1000014693.png