• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
He’ll benefit from working with Max’s father - who has been one of the better scrum coaches in the competition for a few years now.

Wallaby Ways

Chris McKivat (8)
Haven't heard anything but De Lutiis is a Southport boy so bond wouldn't be surprising. That said, from a development perspective I wouldn't mind if he ended up at Easts packing down with Max Craig at hooker week in week out.

Edit: now I feel like I might have already known he was headed to Easts and just forgotten haha. Should be a good move for him and Craig to get that time together.
View attachment 18111
Great addition for Easts

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sorovi has two caps for Fiji, but more to the point he never left Wests - he was the starting halfback in the final last year. Would be a bit disingenuous to tease a players 'return' from the summer break.

My guess was Teti Tela, but I figure we'll find out in due course who it is.
Teti has multiple caps though

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Teti has multiple caps though

Could be Teti (unsure if the Drua website has been updated - but he is listed as a player) I don’t think reg actually said how many caps the former test player is.

Another name is Droasese but he is kind of a superstar now from his days playing for the bulldogs… I’m sure if he is not playing for Drua. Big money from Japan or France could be on his radar.

also Australia does have a history of capping Fijians into the wallabies so I’m going to guess it’s one of the other names I suggested because they are kind of past their primes & probably back in Brisbane post rugby retirement (or waiting for their next opportunity)

JRugby2

Frank Nicholson (4)
Could be Teti (unsure if the Drua website has been updated - but he is listed as a player) I don’t think reg actually said how many caps the former test player is.

Another name is Droasese but he is kind of a superstar now from his days playing for the bulldogs… I’m sure if he is not playing for Drua. Big money from Japan or France could be on his radar.

also Australia does have a history of capping Fijians into the wallabies so I’m going to guess it’s one of the other names I suggested because they are kind of past their primes & probably back in Brisbane post rugby retirement (or waiting for their next opportunity)
Isn't Droasese the incumbant Fijian fullback? Hard to see how he's not playing professionally somewhere?

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Lost the captain and 7 Milo. Leaming as well who is experienced.

a few going back to the bank in Asiata and JP.

Sankey gone as well hasn’t he?

easts will be giving lots of new caps this year you’d think before the influx of reds returnees
Yep Sankey Gone.

Also Alex Smit. Gone to Canberra. Along with Will Kirk (Although didn't start many games)

Jordy Careira having a year off apparently.

Fair few 2nd graders will have to make the step up especially in the forwards.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Isn't Droasese the incumbant Fijian fullback? Hard to see how he's not playing professionally somewhere?

yes that’s what I was alluding too when I said he is a superstar.

crazy he got his first crack at wests playing colts… I remember the first time I saw him play I think he side stepped & goose stepped the whole length of the football field and beat at least half a dozen different defenders in the one sequence.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep Sankey Gone.

Also Alex Smit. Gone to Canberra. Along with Will Kirk (Although didn't start many games)

Jordy Careira having a year off apparently.

Fair few 2nd graders will have to make the step up especially in the forwards.
Good for Alex

Is he part of the brumbies wider squad in anyway? I’m sure Mowen would have been in his ear about progressing his development.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Good for Alex

Is he part of the brumbies wider squad in anyway? I’m sure Mowen would have been in his ear about progressing his development.
Yeah I heard Mowen took both of them down to Canberra to get some playing time in front of the brumbies people in the hope of landing contracts.

Not sure if they are officially part of the brumbies wider squad but they are playing club rugby there this year.