• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)
Could be Teti (unsure if the Drua website has been updated - but he is listed as a player) I don’t think reg actually said how many caps the former test player is.

Another name is Droasese but he is kind of a superstar now from his days playing for the bulldogs… I’m sure if he is not playing for Drua. Big money from Japan or France could be on his radar.

also Australia does have a history of capping Fijians into the wallabies so I’m going to guess it’s one of the other names I suggested because they are kind of past their primes & probably back in Brisbane post rugby retirement (or waiting for their next opportunity)
Fair call, I don't know why I thought that's what he wrote. Would be Teti's 4th Brisbane club if it's the case I think?

I hope to see him running around with the Drua again though.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I am interested with the rebels handing the license back to RA what impact this would have on the QLD based rebels they signed.

from my understanding - a lot of the rebels players who were not part of the match day 23 were down there during the week and being billoted and then flown back to qld for games.

do you continue to run the satellite training sessions they’ve been having at wests the last few years or do you find them permanent accomodation solutions down in Melbourne and have them play exclusively in the Victorian comp to build up grass root support (at the expense of their own development)

interesting times in clubland. if Wests, GPS & Bond don’t have access to their rebels mercanaries cattle could change the whole dynamic or the club rugby landscape.

LevitatingSocks

Chris McKivat (8)
I am interested with the rebels handing the license back to RA what impact this would have on the QLD based rebels they signed.

from my understanding - a lot of the rebels players who were not part of the match day 23 were down there during the week and being billoted and then flown back to qld for games.

do you continue to run the satellite training sessions they’ve been having at wests the last few years or do you find them permanent accomodation solutions down in Melbourne and have them play exclusively in the Victorian comp to build up grass root support (at the expense of their own development)

interesting times in clubland. if Wests, GPS & Bond don’t have access to their rebels mercanaries cattle could change the whole dynamic or the club rugby landscape.
How does the Victorian comp measure up to the QPR?

I assume the standard and overall depth of each club suffer to a degree, but I have no read on how big the disparity is.

LevitatingSocks

Chris McKivat (8)
Imagine the absolute worst quality game of rugby you’ve ever watched. Now tie all those players hands together and ask them to play. That’s the VIC comp quality.
What QPR grade would the Victorian prems be reasonably competitive in if you had to guess? Reserves then? 3G? 4G?

It's not that I think you're lying, but I know great players have come out of Victoria and part of me is naively optimistic.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Imagine the absolute worst quality game of rugby you’ve ever watched. Now tie all those players hands together and ask them to play. That’s the VIC comp quality.
Without being a dickhead little old mate above, some teams play around 2nd Grade Bris level, others maybe 3rd. There's definitely players every year who could cut the mustard in QPR or Shute Shield, usually transplanted Kiwis or from the NH

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Think Reg might have been having a lend of you. Rugby Xplorer app has some trial dates in their Comps>QPR TRIALS and some clubs have info on their websites.
Just checked Souths premier grade versus Reds development team… March 2

So Souths will be understrengthed in that game- considering they have a lot of young up and comers at the reds.