• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Back in Brisbane living near GPS, it's not my traditional club but looking to get back into local club scene regardless(support not play), anyone from GPS in here advise of ways to support and volunteer.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Back in Brisbane living near GPS, it's not my traditional club but looking to get back into local club scene regardless(support not play), anyone from GPS in here advise of ways to support and volunteer.

Mate that is great - best bet would probably pop down to the club and ask for Anthony Herbert or flick him an email - aherbert@gpsrugby.com.au

If you're just looking to assist with operational stuff - the home game days are always a big show, lots of marquee setup in the days leading up, bars to stock and field setup etc.

Always scope for additional hands assisting teams as well.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Mate that is great - best bet would probably pop down to the club and ask for Anthony Herbert or flick him an email - aherbert@gpsrugby.com.au

If you're just looking to assist with operational stuff - the home game days are always a big show, lots of marquee setup in the days leading up, bars to stock and field setup etc.

Always scope for additional hands assisting teams as well.
The South Queensland Crushers fullback!? ;)
Great stuff will do.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In the infamous words of Shane Warne, "he can't catch, can't pass and can't step."
Are you talking about the right Smit brother?

Alex probably has more natural ability than Matt, but Matt is a premiership player - he played well that year after switching from the Bulldogs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alex do well at the Brumbies - would be another that the Reds failed to identify.

Good luck to Alex & the youngest Kirk.

Kirk who is a #9 was excellent in the Reggie’s finals last year - especially in the preliminary final v Brothers (BOG).

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Are you talking about the right Smit brother?

Alex probably has more natural ability than Matt, but Matt is a premiership player - he played well that year after switching from the Bulldogs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alex do well at the Brumbies - would be another that the Reds failed to identify.

Good luck to Alex & the youngest Kirk.

Kirk who is a #9 was excellent in the Reggie’s finals last year - especially in the preliminary final v Brothers (BOG).
In the infamous words of Shane Warne, "he can't catch, can't pass and can't step."
I agree with Bulldog. Alex Smit is a flanker. he doesn't pass much or step. he's a hard working forward.

You might be thinking of Matt Smit his brother who plays centre.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Alex was a Queensland School boys #15 before switching to #7 I think whilst playing Colts at Wests.
His career has been hampered by injuries but if he could get a good pre-season at the Brumbies and play a full season of club rugby in Canberra I recon you’ll see him in Super rugby in 12 months - if not for the Brumbies for the Drua as he has Fijian heritage.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Alex was a Queensland School boys #15 before switching to #7 I think whilst playing Colts at Wests.
His career has been hampered by injuries but if he could get a good pre-season at the Brumbies and play a full season of club rugby in Canberra I recon you’ll see him in Super rugby in 12 months - if not for the Brumbies for the Drua as he has Fijian heritage.
If he gets a Super Rugby gig before Matt Gicquel or Kohan Herbert, what are we even doing here?

LevitatingSocks

Chris McKivat (8)
How are overall numbers looking at different clubs? Maybe more guys will trickle in but we're looking at fewer people compared to last year at mine.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If he gets a Super Rugby gig before Matt Gicquel or Kohan Herbert, what are we even doing here?
Kohan is currently with rebels on trial and train, but given their financial state I doubt he will be offered a contract

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Same scenario as Matt Giquel a few years back.
Was at the rebels, came back to gallopers for a few games then went to France.

Losing a super rugby team and having a total of 4 doesn’t really help keep Aussie talent in Australia.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not QPR related but for those of you wishing to watch a good Netflix Series featuring a number of Brisbane landmarks try “Boy Swallows Universe”.