• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Hugh Jardon

Bob McCowan (2)
TBH, I watched way more of the West/Sunnybank game then I intended once I knew big Pone was playing, maybe getting the team list up can potentially attract more viewers.
thats it right. put big Pone on the team sheet and you will get more people at the club having a beer and people watching. it will also create more interest in club rugby.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Some absolute drongos running Rugby Australia.

I see there’s a wallabies vs springboks afternoon fixture at Suncorp scheduled at the same time as qpr club rugby on August 10.

who stuffed up this time? Probably also going to interfere with schoolboy rugby as well.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's the final round of both QPR and Shute Shield.

Seems really strange, you'd imagine most clubs will either be playing for a spot on the ladder or planning a clubhouse pissup cause they're missing finals. Not trotting down to Suncorp.

Just watched 2 of the 20 min reply’s of the weekend games on Stan. Watched Souths and GPS. Souths do look really good and I think they are definitely top 4. I then watch the Easts and Brothers game. East will be lucky to win 3 games this year however on the other hand Brothers played a wonderful brand of rugby and they will be hard to beat. Two players Paddy James and Billy Bully were outstandin. can’t wait for Saturdays game Brothers V South.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Brothers team is largely the same as the premiership winning side from last year and based on last weekend results they have lots of depth through the grades.

They’ll be hard to beat, particularly if they get support from the Super Rugby guys again at the back end.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Brothers team is largely the same as the premiership winning side from last year and based on last weekend results they have lots of depth through the grades.

They’ll be hard to beat, particularly if they get support from the Super Rugby guys again at the back end.
Reading through the team list for the 2nds, their depth is next level. Also I heard Liam Moseley is now down at Crosby training. So the internal competion for spots in the main event will be fierce.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
rebels with the bye week…

You’d expect a good turn out of players in QPR this weekend who haven’t played much in rebels game day 23.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
They will get a good crowd. It’s the world champions playing in a city with lots of South African fans (aka North Lakes district).