• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
there are boys in GPS B teams at there respective schools who got a run in the NGS, dont act like your so smart mate, I have marked up on devine before and he wasnt as good as i was led to believe
not trying to be smart mate, just stating the facts. I'm sure there have been plenty of boys get a run with the NGS that don't play in the 1st XV at their school. The whole idea of the program is to identify and develop talent accross the board in rugby union, maybe they see something in a kid that their school coaches don't.

rundog

Bob McCowan (2)
there are boys in GPS B teams at there respective schools who got a run in the NGS, dont act like your so smart mate, I have marked up on devine before and he wasnt as good as i was led to believe

Jealously isn't pretty mate. Let's not talk down someone's achievements because we didn't accomplish them ourselves.

sniper22

Bob McCowan (2)
If that's the same Isaac that played fullback for GPS 3, Yes he did play very well but there were a couple of times that tries could've been scored if he had let the ball go

C

churr

If that's the same Isaac that played fullback for GPS 3, Yes he did play very well but there were a couple of times that tries could've been scored if he had let the ball go
I believe it was, was he wearing a blue headgear? and yes he does occasionally not throw the pass when it needs to be thrown but he will learn

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
todd dawson although a good offensive player cannot defend very well and makes poor decisions at times as he chooses the boot over the pass

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
These teams are quite biased towards GPS, how about the number 7 from Ashgrove, Sam Clarke? Hard working player with speed and ball skills who also made AIC 1.

I agree with you that they are quite bias towards GPS, however based on the previous QLD teams and past GPS and AIC Results It is evident that no more than 3 AIC Players will make the QLD U16 team, Sam Clarke being one of them. Judging on the Queensland 1, 2 and 3 Teams which have been selected the team will be filled up of BBC, TSS, TGS and Nudgee Players. With the exception of possibly Ben Laxon of GT as Number 8 and possibly a player or two from Churchie and State High. James Tuttle from Nudgee will captain the QLD U16 Team for sure.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree with you that they are quite bias towards GPS, however based on the previous QLD teams and past GPS and AIC Results It is evident that no more than 3 AIC Players will make the QLD U16 team, Sam Clarke being one of them. Judging on the Queensland 1, 2 and 3 Teams which have been selected the team will be filled up of BBC, TSS, TGS and Nudgee Players. With the exception of possibly Ben Laxon of GT as Number 8 and possibly a player or two from Churchie and State High. James Tuttle from Nudgee will captain the QLD U16 Team for sure.
Are the selectors the BBC and TGS coaches?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Players from GT that have a definite shot at these teams
#1. Robert Green
#2/#6. Toby McNamee
#4/#8. Ben Laxon
#8. Daniel Sitileni
#9. Angus Fowler
#12. Kris Larosa

intheknow2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Look out for Lindsay Collins [loose forward] from Padua College - stand out player in the AIC 1stXV comp this year.. he will turn heads - great skill set: really strong carry with a good offload, big hitter and good on the ball.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Look out for Lindsay Collins [loose forward] from Padua College - stand out player in the AIC 1stXV comp this year.. he will turn heads - great skill set: really strong carry with a good offload, big hitter and good on the ball.

Never heard of him, does he play 6, 7 or 8? He'll have some strong competition from players like Jayden Rodwell and Alex Mafi (if he players backrow and not hooker) from Nudgee, TSS boys Joel Brown and Isaac Peterson, Tom Spencer (BGS), AIC 1 openside Sam Clarke (Marist), Ben Laxton (GT), etc.

T

The Bear

1. Paulo Leleisiuao
2. Alex Mafi
3. Will Russell
4. -
5. -
6. Jamison Schultz
7. Bronson Tauakipulu
8. Latham Takau
9. Fergus Halliday
10. James Tuttle
11. Riley Brennan
12. Jaidon Schafer
13. Todd Dawson
14. -
15. Joel Hagan

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Bear, I thought Paulo and Hagan were out for the season with injuries / illness. Can anyone confirm? Bronson is playing prop for BBC, so it may be too big an adjustment to just move to open flanker. I thought Rodwell may have figured in the backrow.

zacf01

Stan Wickham (3)
Bear, I thought Paulo and Hagan were out for the season with injuries / illness. Can anyone confirm? Bronson is playing prop for BBC, so it may be too big an adjustment to just move to open flanker. I thought Rodwell may have figured in the backrow.
I would definately have Rodwell in the backrow somewhere. He played well last year for QLD Red when playing up an age group. Strong ball carrier

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bronson has been res. prop for BBC & also been running as flanker sometimes. BBC also has been giving a lot of time time to another u16 @ 6, Peterson, who played 6 for QLD u15s. Should also look at Tittor from Toowomba who played @ 15 for combined catholic u18's.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
6. Bronson Tauakipulu (BBC)
7. Jayden Rodwell (NC)
8. Ben Laxton (GT)

Could easily end up being the best possible backrow. Does anyone know about the front-row contenders? Depending on how good they are, Bronson could end up at either prop or hooker with someone like Sam Clarke, Joel Brown or Tom Spencer moving into 6/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.