• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD U16s 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_2_3

Bob McCowan (2)
QLD Red predictions from GPS

1. Gavin Luka (NC) Played last year QLD white 16s
2. Johaan Corts (IGS)
3. Shem Vui (IGS), Enoka Kalapu (BSHS) Jacob Stanley (GT)
4. Darcy Swain (BBC)
5. Reece Hewat (NC)
6. Ben Gunter (BBC)
7. Matt Sautia (BSHS)
8. Kyle Leofa (GT)
9. Eli pills(NC) (Played last year QLD white 16s)
10. Alex Horan(GT), Liam Mosely (NC)
11. Tyrone Southorn (BSHS)
12. Calvin Pritchard (NC) Played last year QLD reds 16s
13. Lachlan Lanskey (BGS)
14. Izaia Perese (ACGS) Played last year QLD white 16s
15. Tiaan Wilkins (BBC)

FootballWizard

Stan Wickham (3)
If the structure of selection was not so biased toward GPS a lot more AIC boys would be making the team. Don't doubt the level of talent the AIC competition contains.

insider18

Stan Wickham (3)
was at churchie on the weekend and watched a few games. standouts was the churchie 15 a fullback. most dominant player i have ever seen at that level. everyone was shocked at how good he was. in the 16 a's TGS had a tall second rower who i think was their captain that was very very strong at lineout time and good around the park, definately a contender. and the flyhalf from churchie locky bell was impressive, big and strong could be good at 12.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
was at churchie on the weekend and watched a few games. standouts was the churchie 15 a fullback. most dominant player i have ever seen at that level. everyone was shocked at how good he was. in the 16 a's TGS had a tall second rower who i think was their captain that was very very strong at lineout time and good around the park, definately a contender. and the flyhalf from churchie locky bell was impressive, big and strong could be good at 12.

The TGS boys name you would be referring to is Jimmy Gordon. He is the captain of TGS 16As. Used to play number 8 but just this year experimenting with second row. His line out jumping is exceptional, he has always been dominant in this area and his work rate around the field is superb. He can read the game really well too. But the issue with this boy is he is also an exceptional athlete, being the current national discus champion for his age which he has dominated over many years, so that could affect his decisions around which sport he may pursue.

Mitchell

Stan Wickham (3)
If the structure of selection was not so biased toward GPS a lot more AIC boys would be making the team. Don't doubt the level of talent the AIC competition contains.

Watched a number of AIC 16 A's games this year and lets just say I'd rather watch paint dry. GPS by far the better comp.

RugbyLover52

Bob McCowan (2)
Qld Red Thoughts?
1) Enoka (BSHS Firsts)/Gavin Luka (NC Firsts U16 white last year)
2) Johaan Koorts?(Ippy Grammar)
3) Shambeckler Vui (Ippy Grammar Firsts)
4) State High Firsts second rower?/Darcy swain (BBC Firsts)
5) Daniel Byrne (Marist 1sts)/Jeremy Gimple(Churchie Firsts)
6) Pat Dooley (BGS 1sts) Ben Gunter (BBC)
7) Matt Sautia (BSHS Firsts)/Christian Maulaulau (BBC Firsts)
8) Agassi Stowers ? (NC, QLD leauge)
9) Eli Pilz (NC Firsts) / Harry Nucifora (Churchie Firsts)
10) Alex Horan (Terrace Firsts)/Liam Mosely (NC) Rob Lane (NC)
11) Sam Edwards (BBC Firsts)
12) Calvin Pritchard (NC Firsts)U16 Red last year
13) Iziah Parese (Churchie Firsts) U16 White last year
14) Tyrone Southorn (BSHS Firsts)
15) Tiaan Wilkins (BBC Firsts) Rob Lane (NC)
The team obviously dominated by GPS First XV players.

MrKnowItAll

Frank Row (1)
Qld Red Thoughts?
1) Enoka (BSHS Firsts)/Gavin Luka (NC Firsts U16 white last year)
2) Johaan Koorts?(Ippy Grammar)
3) Shambeckler Vui (Ippy Grammar Firsts)
4) State High Firsts second rower?/Darcy swain (BBC Firsts)
5) Daniel Byrne (Marist 1sts)/Jeremy Gimple(Churchie Firsts)
6) Pat Dooley (BGS 1sts) Ben Gunter (BBC)
7) Matt Sautia (BSHS Firsts)
8) Agassi Stowers ? (NC, QLD leauge)
9) Eli Pilz (NC Firsts) / Harry Nucifora (Churchie Firsts)
10) Alex Horan (Terrace Firsts)/Liam Mosely (NC) Rob Lane (NC)
11) Sam Edwards (BBC Firsts)
12) Calvin Pritchard (NC Firsts)U16 Red last year
13) Iziah Parese (Churchie Firsts) U16 White last year
14) Tyrone Southorn (BSHS Firsts)
15) Tiaan Wilkins (BBC Firsts) Rob Lane (NC)
The team obviously dominated by GPS First XV players.

State High Firsts second rower, I think his name is Tuaina Tuilama
I think some AIC players could have a surprise appearance anything could happen. But most of those players will most likely be in that team. Any thoughts on Queensland White?

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
State High Firsts second rower, I think his name is Tuaina Tuilama
I think some AIC players could have a surprise appearance anything could happen. But most of those players will most likely be in that team. Any thoughts on Queensland White?
Dan McHugh and Joel Mead from SLC. Probably two of the better players in what was a weak SLC team this year. McHugh is only in Year 10 so is one to watch in the next couple of years

insider18

Stan Wickham (3)
The TGS boys name you would be referring to is Jimmy Gordon. He is the captain of TGS 16As. Used to play number 8 but just this year experimenting with second row. His line out jumping is exceptional, he has always been dominant in this area and his work rate around the field is superb. He can read the game really well too. But the issue with this boy is he is also an exceptional athlete, being the current national discus champion for his age which he has dominated over many years, so that could affect his decisions around which sport he may pursue.

any relation to Matt gordon a centre in Queensland red in 2010 I think cause I know he originates from toowoomba and is this kid any chance at the two sides?

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
My QLD Red prediction:

1. Gavin Luka (NC)
2. Johaan Koorts (IGS)
3. Enoka Kalapu (BSHS)
4. Angus Scott-Young (ACGS)
5. Daniel Byrne (ASH)
6. Matt Sautia (BSHS)
7. Patrick Dooley (BGS)
8. Kyle Leofa (GT)
9. Harry Nucifora (ACGS)
10. Alex Horan (GT)
11. Sam Edwards (BBC)
12. Calvin Pritchard (NC)
13. Iziah Perese (ACGS)
14. Tyrone Southorn (BSHS)
15. Clifton Setu (SEC)

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
any relation to Matt gordon a centre in Queensland red in 2010 I think cause I know he originates from toowoomba and is this kid any chance at the two sides?
Yer it is his Brother but completely different builds. I think this boy could easily be a chance but often being outside the metropolitan GPS sides, they can sometimes be overlooked as they are not as well known.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
My QLD Red prediction:

1. Gavin Luka (NC)
2. Johaan Koorts (IGS)
3. Enoka Kalapu (BSHS)
4. Angus Scott-Young (ACGS)
5. Daniel Byrne (ASH)
6. Matt Sautia (BSHS)
7. Patrick Dooley (BGS)
8. Kyle Leofa (GT)
9. Harry Nucifora (ACGS)
10. Alex Horan (GT)
11. Sam Edwards (BBC)
12. Calvin Pritchard (NC)
13. Iziah Perese (ACGS)
14. Tyrone Southorn (BSHS)
15. Clifton Setu (SEC)

While most of these guys are playing First XV for their respective schools, I would just say that do not underestimate the abilities of the TSS u16's not playing in Firsts due to the talent in front of them. This team is currently smashing all before it and I believe that a good half dozen of these players will make Red or White teams.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
While most of these guys are playing First XV for their respective schools, I would just say that do not underestimate the abilities of the TSS u16's not playing in Firsts due to the talent in front of them. This team is currently smashing all before it and I believe that a good half dozen of these players will make Red or White teams.

Completely agree, however I haven't got the chance to go out and watch them play yet. My prediction was based on the people I've seen and could easily be changed, especially in the front row.

Expert-opinion

Frank Row (1)
I
Watched a number of AIC 16 A's games this year and lets just say I'd rather watch paint dry. GPS by far the better comp.
I witnessed the BSHS vs. Churchie 16A game the other week and the form of the BSHS side was quite appalling, I know a lot of the 16's are playing firsts for them but this was also the case for the AIC 16's. In conclusion, a variety of AIC 16's will make one of the two teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.