• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Calling it like it is Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm tipping that 2015 will be a great year. According to Quade, who's seen things from the other side in the past, the players have accepted the need to act in a certain way on and off the field. QC (Quade Cooper) credits Cheika with instilling a culture. We may not win RWC 2015, but we're going to go close.

Welcome to 2015:)

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Fuck that, We may just win the RWC 2015. Theres still too much Negativity about Australian Rugby right now. I think the Super rugby teams are the best they have ever been, with the rebels, force, brumbies, reds, Waratahs all having squads with the capability to make the six. i think our depth is good everywhere except lock, but that could change with Players possibly coming back to form like Horwill, and players developing further like Skelton, and Coleman, and Carter.

2015 WILL be a good year.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
It should be the 30 something man squad who worked their ass off to win, the entire coaching staff, and the few Rugby fans left who should get the Cudos.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Will you be blaming him if we don't?

Nope, because I couldn't do any better. Team sport and would have been contributions from different areas (including GAGR)
My concern though that John O'Niell got put on a pedestal and got asked back, just wary of that happening

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How's this for a concept in the lead up to the RWC ? Put all the Wallabies on a pitch , then grouped behind them say each players coaches , key support people (could include parents , mentors , physios Referees, touchies etc) from the U8's through to club , rep , schoolboys , subbies , Shute Shield , Super 15 on the one pitch at the one time ... That may send a statement to those within and those outside the game on just what it takes to make the elite level and the love of the game from the amateur to professional ranks . Message like : We all have a stake ..be proud etc.. And leave the ARU board out of it from a PR perspective .... run the ads and see how we go , or, are we to disconnected at this point ? How many people would show up if invited by a Wallaby ..10 , 20 , 50 per player or say 500 , 1000, 5000 on the pitch in some meaningful capacity .FORGET RIBBONS and CAUSES ...start showcasing the essence of the game - we have a world cup to win !

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How's this for a concept in the lead up to the RWC ? Put all the Wallabies on a pitch , then grouped behind them say each players coaches , key support people (could include parents , mentors , physios Referees, touchies etc) from the U8's through to club , rep , schoolboys , subbies , Shute Shield , Super 15 on the one pitch at the one time . That may send a statement to those within and those outside the game on just what it takes to make the elite level and the love of the game from the amateur to professional ranks . Message like : We all have a stake ..be proud etc.. And leave the ARU board out of it from a PR perspective .. run the ads and see how we go , or, are we to disconnected at this point ? How many people would show up if invited by a Wallaby ..10 , 20 , 50 per player or say 500 , 1000, 5000 on the pitch in some meaningful capacity .FORGET RIBBONS and CAUSES .start showcasing the essence of the game - we have a world cup to win !
That'd be awesome.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
How's this for a concept in the lead up to the RWC ? Put all the Wallabies on a pitch , then grouped behind them say each players coaches , key support people (could include parents , mentors , physios Referees, touchies etc) from the U8's through to club , rep , schoolboys , subbies , Shute Shield , Super 15 on the one pitch at the one time . That may send a statement to those within and those outside the game on just what it takes to make the elite level and the love of the game from the amateur to professional ranks . Message like : We all have a stake ..be proud etc.. And leave the ARU board out of it from a PR perspective .. run the ads and see how we go , or, are we to disconnected at this point ? How many people would show up if invited by a Wallaby ..10 , 20 , 50 per player or say 500 , 1000, 5000 on the pitch in some meaningful capacity .FORGET RIBBONS and CAUSES .start showcasing the essence of the game - we have a world cup to win !

I declare you to be the new marketing director for the ARU.

The only thing that has given me any hope for the RWC has been that we've got Cheika in charge. I would have had similar confidence in Link too, but he's not there any more. Things have been pretty grim but at least we've got a proven winner at the helm.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So apparently our only chance for a win at the RWC would now be a backs to the wall type scenario. Think Italy at the Soccer WC 2006.

I'd prefer one built on the foundations of a rock solid system such as AB's in 2011, but I guess a win would wash away all discontent.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
So apparently our only chance for a win at the RWC would now be a backs to the wall type scenario. Think Italy at the Soccer WC 2006.

I'd prefer one built on the foundations of a rock solid system such as AB's in 2011, but I guess a win would wash away all discontent.

Yep, it's all "no guts, no glory" at this stage. Like you I'd prefer a more systematic approach but we've cooked it so badly over the last couple of years that caution to the wind is the only hope.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

As ever.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The RWC is winnable. We need to get our defensive patterns in order, we need to sort our second row out, and we need to either keep ball in hand or kick with purpose. The only weakness in our cattle is our bench props. Every other position is potentially up for grabs with a capable substitute. It's been a painful 2014. I still don't like having Kurtley in the squad, but he's had his day in arbitration. But the RWC is winnable, and it's the Australian National Rugby Team. We've won as many of those fuckers and made as many finals as any other kingdom, republic, or dominion out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.