• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Cooper Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Beale at 10 sounds like a hell of a risk to me. Maybe I am biased in that I much prefer a 10 to be sound first and dynamic second, but I would go back to Barnes. He isn't a perfect option but at the end of the day he has played enough there to get the job done. Just tell him to put his silly little kicks away.

Is it wrong to say that there might be an issue with the preparation/physio that these guys are getting? There is an enormous number of Aussie players out injured at the moment. Too many for it to be all bad luck?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Think Deans will pick Berrick now that QC (Quade Cooper)'s gone. The cupboard is very bare

It is a sad year, the cupboard is very bare. Why do we not have 28 to 32 year old world class inside backs? I have always thought that we lost a generation of players to someplace, they are either in Gitmo or stuck on that island from Lost.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/t...goe-knee-surgery/story-e6frf4qc-1226476783665

Sounds like its just bad luck rather than down to dodgy rehab or bad management.

I guess so. I'm not in any way qualified and I have no inclination to go through all the injuries, but it does strike me as odd that there are so many players out. What makes it more alarming is that so many of the ones out are so young. It's hardly a surprise when guys the wrong side of 30 go down frequently but JOC (James O'Connor), QC (Quade Cooper), Genia, Lealiafano, Pocock et al are all pretty young.

It's not really my place but I am a little bit surprised some more people on here aren't demanding an inquiry into the whole setup from Super XV to the Wallabies. I know if there was a similar list of injuries in NZ, talkback would be going mad with demands on the doctor to resign etc etc.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So which Australians who played 10 this year are still fit?

Zack Holmes
Dave Harvey
James Stannard
Daniel Halangahu
Berrick Barnes
Kurtley Beale
Mike Harris
Ben Lucas (?)
Bernard Foley

None of them exactly set the world on fire at 10, except Beale. But he has his own issues at the moment. It's gonna be Barnes.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I guess so. I'm not in any way qualified and I have no inclination to go through all the injuries, but it does strike me as odd that there are so many players out. What makes it more alarming is that so many of the ones out are so young. It's hardly a surprise when guys the wrong side of 30 go down frequently but JOC (James O'Connor), QC (Quade Cooper), Genia, Lealiafano, Pocock et al are all pretty young.

It's not really my place but I am a little bit surprised some more people on here aren't demanding an inquiry into the whole setup from Super XV to the Wallabies. I know if there was a similar list of injuries in NZ, talkback would be going mad with demands on the doctor to resign etc etc.
there was a lot of talk re the tahs and hamstrings earlier but of course you can throw JOC (James O'Connor) in to that as well now.
genia, leealiafano and Pocock are not overloading/over training injuries though, and I doubt QC (Quade Cooper)'s is either.
But he'll I'm all for an inquiry of any sort into the aru!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

Zack Holmes
Dave Harvey
James Stannard
Daniel Halangahu
Berrick Barnes
Kurtley Beale
Mike Harris
Ben Lucas (?)
Bernard Foley

None of them exactly set the world on fire at 10, except Beale. But he has his own issues at the moment. It's gonna be Barnes.

Hangers only works if they bring him in as captain as well :)

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

From what I hear, JO'N sacked our team doctor as he cost too much money. Replaced him with a faith healer. We are on a tight budget here, don't you know? ;)

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Do I dare say AB's went through 10's and injuries around the RWC last year. Yet they have depth and players ready to hit the park. Are their numbers as resitricted as ours with only 30 players per province and 5 EPS then you are looking at club players??

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Do I dare say AB's went through 10's and injuries around the RWC last year. Yet they have depth and players ready to hit the park. Are their numbers as resitricted as ours with only 30 players per province and 5 EPS then you are looking at club players??

They have similar Super Squad sizes but no dead weight in those Super Squads because their Provincial leagues works out the jokers from those with potential.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Barnes played his best game of the year last week at full back. Solid under the high ball and more accurate with his play due to the extra time and space.

I'd have Beale at 10 - the championship is lost, the coach is a couple of games away from being sacked, our 2 best flyhalves are injured - what is there to loose?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Think Deans will pick Berrick now that QC (Quade Cooper)'s gone. The cupboard is very bare

There is no cupboard to be bare. As a cost cutting and space saving measure J O'N has sold the cupboard. It is not as it we have too many trophies to store in it. The Bled Cup needs a big cabinet.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
There is no cupboard to be bare. As a cost cutting and space saving measure J O'N has sold the cupboard. It is not as it we have too many trophies to store in it. The Bled Cup needs a big cabinet.

Pfft we have plenty of Trophies, most tier 1 nations have a trophy for series contested between them.

Basically the only trophies we don't hold that we could are the Bledisloe and the World Cup. However, we are soon to lose the 3Ns trophy.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I heard a rumour that a physiotherapist known as 'Suzy' has been working with some of the injured players.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)

Zack Holmes
Dave Harvey
James Stannard
Daniel Halangahu
Berrick Barnes
Kurtley Beale
Mike Harris
Ben Lucas (?)
Bernard Foley

Does Mike Harris play 10?
Also how bout Cam Crawford?

Status
Not open for further replies.