• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Do people seriously think there are no clubs who would take a chance with Quade? Or that he'd start in reserve grade?

Can we bring a touch of reality to the discussion please?
No doubt the majority of NRL Clubs would be willing to take a chance on QC (Quade Cooper).
But at take a chance rates.Who is in the market looking to take a chance at marquee rates?
I'm betting no one in the NRL,maybe Super League in the UK?

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
No doubt the majority of NRL Clubs would be willing to take a chance on QC (Quade Cooper).
But at take a chance rates.Who is in the market looking to take a chance at marquee rates?
I'm betting no one in the NRL,maybe Super League in the UK?

Without trying to get involved in a Mungo discussion, maybe the Broncos? They have lost Lockyer, Civoniceva and Te'o in 2 seasons without any significant replacements.

As for whether they would take a risk on Quade, who knows and who cares.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I can't recall any difficulties or delays with the renewal of Deans' and JON's latest contracts.

The news this morning is saying that QC (Quade Cooper) and SBW are a joint deal to the Roosters.

I am a great fan of QC (Quade Cooper) and will be pissed off if he goes. The argument will go that he wasn't playing well, but I haven't witnessed such strident criticism of a player in such a short time after major knee surgery. While his game against Argentina was not great, his flashes of class made Barnes look very poor in comparison.

Sure he is hard work, but isn't that part of the reason we pay Deans and JON million plus salaries.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez we are hitting all the big topics here- Deans-gate, JON's performance, the legitimacy of the Reds Super win, League vs Union.

I think there is only one left to cover, so I'll start it off:

A lot of Quade's poor form is due to not having Ant Fainga'a outside him. Horne is a joke and McCabe can't pass.

Discuss.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Jeez we are hitting all the big topics here- Deans-gate, JON's performance, the legitimacy of the Reds Super win, League vs Union.

A lot of Quade's poor form is due to not having Ant Fainga'a outside him. Horne is a joke and McCabe can't pass.

Discuss.

Totally wrong again, you are a Tahs fan though. Tapuai is obviously the best inside centre.

No wonder your team is shit.

;)

A

AlexH

Silly post. The Crusaders had a horrible season, playing away from home after a huge natural disaster, they had to make the return African leg before playing in the final.

Maybe the Reds were the better team on the day, but they had all the breaks, and the Crusaders had precisely none.

You could say the Crusaders would have taken the title but for the earthquake. Then again, you could say they only started playing with ticker again, playing like a premiership winning side, after the earthquake. They were reasonably complacent beforehand. Yes, I know they are traditionally slow starters but they were dragging their feet more than usual at the start of 2011 - they looked like an ITM Cup side than the best team in the competition'rs history. Shit, had the earthquake not come and they had not pulled their finger out when they did they might have dropped one or two more games and not even made the top six.

At the end of the day you can speculate all you want, you can say the Reds were lucky, you can make all the excuses in the world but the trophy was in our cabinet that year. We were clearly better than thirteen of the fifteen teams that year and we were better than the Crusaders when it counted. What could have, should have or would have been counts for nothing. It's what was done that matters. It is about who produces the goods on the day not who could have if a, b and c happened.

Personally, I think people taking the shine away from the Reds premiership is poor fucking sportsmanship - but that's just me.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

Discuss.

I agree with macbe and Horne comment. And AF would love to run off cooper in the wallabies and cooper would love to have AF hit his pass. But who fucken know what's happening in the backline after 10. And now the backline with injuries.
That's the frustration of this team. It's different every game

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Personally, I think people taking the shine away from the Reds premiership is poor fucking sportsmanship - but that's just me.

Plenty of people have used the same argument to say that winning the Tri Nations last year was meaningless because they don't want to give any credit to Robbie Deans.

I think they are pretty similar situations. Personally I see them as both being worthy victories. The Reds beat every team in their way to win Super Rugby and the Wallabies beat everyone to win the Tri Nations.

You can only control what your team does. You don't get to make choices about what players the other team fields or if they have disruptions to their preparation.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It is as clear as the nose on your face that Deans has no time for Cooper or running creative rugby, I say good luck to Cooper, and if he goes to mungo ball then all good to, and a curse on the ARU.
Deans is a complete f/wit and the drivel he speaks is complete BS. So QC (Quade Cooper) called him and the ARU on the bullshit going on with team selections and unknown shit effecting him. I say all good he is the only one that has the balls to speak out.
I hope he does head off to the Chooks with SBW, I know what I would be watching on a weekend next year after the Reds games!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It is as clear as the nose on your face that Deans has no time for Cooper or running creative rugby, I say good luck to Cooper, and if he goes to mungo ball then all good to, and a curse on the ARU.
Deans is a complete f/wit and the drivel he speaks is complete BS. So QC (Quade Cooper) called him and the ARU on the bullshit going on with team selections and unknown shit effecting him. I say all good he is the only one that has the balls to speak out.
I hope he does head off to the Chooks with SBW, I know what I would be watching on a weekend next year after the Reds games!

Cooper hasn't exactly produced a lot of running creative rugby for the Wallabies in the last year or so. Regardless of perceived tactics, he has made many errors in the test arena.

Even if Deans was to leave as Wallabies coach, I still wouldn't be letting QC (Quade Cooper) near the place. I think it is unacceptable for a player to make these sort of outbursts in public undermining his team, his teammates and the organisation.

When your form and fitness are as poor as they have been, Quade Cooper's comments come across as the whinging of a petulant child. Both literally and figuratively, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bullshit! He has not had a go at his team mates he has had a go at the coach, and all I can say if Deans goes then I am sure Link will have Cooper as his starting 10 and be able to get the best out of him and other members of the team unlike Deans with his random selections and strange uttering.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually fear Quade Cooper going to league and I think the ARU need to do whatever they can to keep him.

Quade leaving union will give one of the most outspoken and high profile players in the game free reign to talk shit about rugby union. He will be bitter at his treatment and likely a lot of union followers will give him shit for quitting by saying he couldn't handle the pressure. You think quade is being candid now, just wait until he's playing in the NRL.

If he succeeds it means a win for the NRL and a loss for union, if he fucks up then league get to say "look at how this union superstar couldn't cut it with the league boys".

Either way, if Quade goes it will result in negative publicity for our game and will only cause further conflict between Quade and his union-following detractors.

As much as I dislike his attitude at times and I hate how he is managed by Khoder you have to admit he's got talent and skills to burn. Don't forget the reds won all 5 games he played with them this year.

So Quade, don't go, we love watching you play, even if sometimes things don't come off like you want you still play the australian way, you have a crack.

A

AlexH

Plenty of people have used the same argument to say that winning the Tri Nations last year was meaningless because they don't want to give any credit to Robbie Deans.

I think they are pretty similar situations. Personally I see them as both being worthy victories. The Reds beat every team in their way to win Super Rugby and the Wallabies beat everyone to win the Tri Nations.

You can only control what your team does. You don't get to make choices about what players the other team fields or if they have disruptions to their preparation.

There is a difference between the two though.

The Crusaders did the best they could given their circumstances and got beaten. The Springboks and All Blacks choose to field understrenght teams knowing full well that it could cost them the Tri-Nations.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bullshit! He has not had a go at his team mates he has had a go at the coach, and all I can say if Deans goes then I am sure Link will have Cooper as his starting 10 and be able to get the best out of him and other members of the team unlike Deans with his random selections and strange uttering.

The team is currently on tour to play tests against South Africa and Argentina.

Cooper responds with a tweet saying that his feeling towards rugby are who's playing compared to AFL and NRL where he's saying "how do I get tickets?"

I think it is ridiculous to say that his comments don't undermine his teammates. Do you think they'll be appreciating the comments made about how there is shit going on behind and above the players? What if these opinions aren't held by everyone and it is just Quade having a whinge because things aren't working out for him?

Do you think the players appreciate the fact that the Australian Rugby public and media are focused on the crap that Quade Cooper is tweeting rather than a Rugby Championship test this weekend?

Part of being a team player is having respect for your team. I think Quade Cooper is showing absolutely none.

Link has always been strong on discipline. Do you think he'd put up with a player making these kind of outbursts under his control? I highly doubt it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I actually fear Quade Cooper going to league and I think the ARU need to do whatever they can to keep him.

Quade leaving union will give one of the most outspoken and high profile players in the game free reign to talk shit about rugby union. He will be bitter at his treatment and likely a lot of union followers will give him shit for quitting by saying he couldn't handle the pressure. You think quade is being candid now, just wait until he's playing in the NRL.

If he succeeds it means a win for the NRL and a loss for union, if he fucks up then league get to say "look at how this union superstar couldn't cut it with the league boys".

Either way, if Quade goes it will result in negative publicity for our game and will only cause further conflict between Quade and his union-following detractors.

As much as I dislike his attitude at times and I hate how he is managed by Khoder you have to admit he's got talent and skills to burn. Don't forget the reds won all 5 games he played with them this year.

So Quade, don't go, we love watching you play, even if sometimes things don't come off like you want you still play the australian way, you have a crack.

The ARU is in a bad position either way. If they bend to his demands now after the rubbish he has put on twitter in the last week they will look pathetic.

In any sort of professional organisation, I don't think you can accept behaviour like this.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)

Yeah, but many posters here seemed bewildered that their Tri Nations team could not repeat that performance at the RWC. They seem unable to understand that NZ and SA were focussed on the RWC and fielded second string teams for some games. Australia won the last Tri Nations, fair enough. But it should not have been regarded as a sign that things were on track or indeed all well in the Wallaby camp.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
The ARU is in a bad position either way. If they bend to his demands now after the rubbish he has put on twitter in the last week they will look pathetic.

In any sort of professional organisation, I don't think you can accept behaviour like this.

I agree, they've shot themselves in the foot over this one, going back to the renewal of Deans' contract before the world cup review, then conducting a piss weak review. They really have fucked up a lot over the last 3 years.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, but many posters here seemed bewildered that their Tri Nations team could not repeat that performance at the RWC. They seem unable to understand that NZ and SA were focussed on the RWC and fielded second string teams for some games. Australia won the last Tri Nations, fair enough. But it should not have been regarded as a sign that things were on track or indeed all well in the Wallaby camp.

I think things were on track though.

Regardless of our opposition, we played much better rugby in the 3N than we did in the RWC. We executed our skills under pressure compared to dropped balls and kicks going out on the full at the RWC.

We played an abysmal game in the rain against the Irish and our forwards lacked the mongrel they showed in the 3N throughout the RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.