• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

If QC (Quade Cooper) is locked in and genuinely committed to Reds, and I hope so cause there is really no heir apparant ready to take over, then has his team decided to back Team Link for future Wobs coach sooner than later. This little exchange makes a bit more sense then.

Yeah he ha has signed a 3 year deal with the QRU. He is waiting for the ARU to come to the table and commit to a top up.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The point is that it has nothing to do with Quade or his form. It is an observation, by a person inside the tent, that the game plan, or lack there of, that Deans has been presenting has been largely dross for most of the 5 years he has been in charge. I am on good enough terms with one of the injured established players and a couple of the fringe blokes to know that Quade isn't the only one who feels this way.

And here we have my point exactly jiggles, all of a sudden you have inside knowledge that it's deans fault and lots feel that way yet in every game thread you criticize players for there form and effort.

Are you saying that players from other teams you feel let the side down do so on their own responsibility yet reds players are let down by the game plan, or are all the players being let down?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Just watched a profile segment on Anthony Mundine before the rugby club. There were moments in the interview when he dropped the tough man mouthing off persona and you saw the real Mundine.

I had a mate who was close to Mundine from his days at St George. He always said that the arrogance was an act. He was quiet and a genuinely nice bloke.

Never met Mundine or Khoder but I think they come under a fair bit of unfair criticism over Quade.

J

Jiggles

And here we have my point exactly jiggles, all of a sudden you have inside knowledge that it's deans fault and lots feel that way yet in every game thread you criticize players for there form and effort.

Are you saying that players from other teams you feel let the side down do so on their own responsibility yet reds players are let down by the game plan, or are all the players being let down?

I think all players are being let down, and it doesn't help when players are being picked unfit or out of form, regardless where they are from.

For the record the player I know well isn't a Reds player and never has been. But anyway I won't go on with it. We clearly don't see eye to eye on this point.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)

For the most part I feel the players are being let down by Deans. The majority of the players are being let down because Deans has reached the limit of his development as a coach. That limit is below the standard required to take our best players and gel them into a well disciplined, well drilled, good executing team. Some players have been let down by Deans because they were picked for the Wallabies when they were/are not up to international standard or clearly not fit.

There is an argument that some of the players are not in form. The majority of players who rate as not being in form, generally, are the ones who shouldn't have been picked in the first place because they are a) Not the best player available for that position or b) Not fit, either pysically or mentally. I just don't understand how players can have a stella S15 season and then with the Wallabies look all lost at sea and make mistakes and errors that they haven't made all season.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Fark me, did any of you lot actually read the other quotes?

"I just put (the errors) down to the fact I'd rather go down swinging and try and make our attack work," said Cooper, who undergoes knee surgery tomorrow.
"It's the only way we're going to beat the All Blacks.
"I'd much rather go down swinging and throwing the punches to put yourself in a winning position than come out saying we kept it close.
"It's okay if you come close but it's not if you never look like beating them.
"We can't be afraid. We should have respect for them but also have enough faith in our own ability."

It's exactly what everyone here has said on this forum for years, yet when a player says the exact same thing he gets cut down for it.

None of the quotes puts emphasis on Dean's lack of game plan or inability to coach it's all about his mindset of going out attacking and actually trying something. He's said nothing that undermines the current team or in any way degrades his coaching team or other players.

Hate Quade for being arrogant or failing at times, but I'd rather see them go out there and actually have a decent crack rather than play the exact same crap we've watched for years fail.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's exactly what everyone here has said on this forum for years, yet when a player says the exact same thing he gets cut down for it.

None of the quotes puts emphasis on Dean's lack of game plan or inability to coach it's all about his mindset of going out attacking and actually trying something. He's said nothing that undermines the current team or in any way degrades his coaching team or other players.

Hate Quade for being arrogant or failing at times, but I'd rather see them go out there and actually have a decent crack rather than play the exact same crap we've watched for years fail.

Test matches are won and lost in short periods of time when teams make mistakes or take advantage of opportunities.

Quade is right to an extent that we need to make our attack work and go down swinging and throwing punches but it is all about throwing a few punches at the right time.

We're only ever going to beat the All Blacks by playing smart rugby and picking the right time to take risks. Throwing a massive forward pass inside our 22 and getting a kick charged down for a try could be enough to lose a test to the All Blacks.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
The poor man's Carlos Spencer should first start playing better to demonstrate to us all that he is ready to "UNLEASH" that great attacking game he thinks he can play at test match level against the best sides.

Or is the culture Deans has created to blame for his error-strewn play and decided lack of attacking flair this year - both for the Wallabies and the Reds?

Well he has done this before, and he can play at the Test match level against the best sides unleashing the attacking play he and most of the public want to see.

Take a look back at the two Tests against South Africa in the 2010 Tri-Nations and the Hong Kong Bledisloe. Those three are examples of what I think he's craving, off the top of my head.

Coincidently, Deans was around then too.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Well he has done this before, and he can play at the Test match level against the best sides unleashing the attacking play he and most of the public want to see.

Take a look back at the two Tests against South Africa in the 2010 Tri-Nations and the Hong Kong Bledisloe. Those three are examples of what I think he's craving, off the top of my head.

Coincidently, Deans was around then too.

2010 is not 2011 and it is not 2012.

R

randalf8

Has he contemplated directing some of this "having a crack" energy to his defensive play?

I've no problem with risk taking behaviour but he'd do well to constrain it to the opposition half. Forward passes and little spin moves and all that gear in your own half are an efficient way to fall behind by a couple of tries when you're up against the ABs.

Status
Not open for further replies.